Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

can NW/DL # be combined with Pan Am 4000 acct#(from the time Delta killed off Pan Am)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

can NW/DL # be combined with Pan Am 4000 acct#(from the time Delta killed off Pan Am)

Search this Thread

Old Oct 6, 2009, 5:35 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA Platinum(new, via challenge), UA 1K(since '06), BR Diamond(since '08)

I have a Delta account# that was originally a Pan Am Worldpass. The account number starts with 4000. It was issued after Delta tricked Pan Am into selling its assets to Delta, then Delta killed off Pan Am by withholding financing... when Pan Am ceased operations, DL absorbed the Worldpass program.

Now Delta has changed my NW Worldperks number into a Delta Skymiles number. Can I merge this new number into my old Delta / Pan Am 4000- account number?
Old Oct 6, 2009, 5:38 pm

Programs: UA SP, DL SM MM, AS 75K, SPG Platinum, Hyatt Diamond.
I don't think DL killed off PanAm at all. That was more the doing of their own mismanagment and also a tragic bombing over Scotland.
Old Oct 6, 2009, 5:55 pm
fti
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lots of programs, dirt on all of them!
Well, another baiting thread. But yes, for whatever reason, if you now have two Skymiles accounts, you can combine them. There is a link on delta.com to facilitate this - I think you need to log into your SM account to see it.
Old Oct 6, 2009, 6:15 pm

Programs: AA 1MM EXP 2015, SPG Gold, PC Plat, HH Diamond Marriott Silver Alamo Budget Hertz
Originally Posted by SwissYankee
I have a Delta account# that was originally a Pan Am Worldpass. The account number starts with 4000. It was issued after Delta tricked Pan Am into selling its assets to Delta, then Delta killed off Pan Am by withholding financing... when Pan Am ceased operations, DL absorbed the Worldpass program.

Now Delta has changed my NW Worldperks number into a Delta Skymiles number. Can I merge this new number into my old Delta / Pan Am 4000- account number?
Maybe there is hope then to merge my National, Eastern, TWA, People's Express, and Midway Airlines also ^
Old Oct 6, 2009, 7:21 pm

Now that is an original spin on events.
Old Oct 6, 2009, 8:00 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA Platinum(new, via challenge), UA 1K(since '06), BR Diamond(since '08)
it's just that I prefer my Skymle number starting with 4000 because older DL agents can always tell that I was a former Pan Am loyalist.
Old Oct 7, 2009, 10:53 am

Programs: DL PM, DL MM
it's just that I prefer my Skymle number starting with 4000 because older DL agents can always tell that I was a former Pan Am loyalist.
The better question is do they care??? Answer...no
Old Oct 7, 2009, 11:41 am

Programs: Delta GM/1.5MM ~ United Silver ~ Marriott Lifetime Titanium
My skymiles # starts with a 4024 and is active.
Old Oct 18, 2014, 7:08 pm

Originally Posted by baccarat0809
My skymiles # starts with a 4024 and is active.
also have 4### series DL account number, another old Pan Am flyer here
Old Oct 19, 2014, 8:12 am

Programs: DL DM+(segs)/MM, UA Ag, Hilton DM, Marriott Ti (life Pt), TSA Opt-out Platinum
That and $10 will get you an Eats snack box.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.