Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New Account History is a mess

Search this Thread

Old Oct 1, 2009, 4:52 pm
Original Poster

New Account History is a mess

Dl must have just moved over to the new system. The data and categories and MQMs and ... did not migrate well. Totals appear to be OK. I hope they have the backups from yesterday.
Old Oct 1, 2009, 5:00 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, 2 MM
Originally Posted by BravoZulu
Dl must have just moved over to the new system. The data and categories and MQMs and ... did not migrate well. Totals appear to be OK. I hope they have the backups from yesterday.
Nothing migrated for me. My reservations are lost and my banked and EQ miles have disappeared.
Old Oct 1, 2009, 5:33 pm

Programs: MR Lifetime Titanium, United Silver
Same here. My current totals appear to be ok, but magically I flew 0 miles last year (yet it shows 90 segments for last year ).
Old Oct 1, 2009, 5:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MM. Coffee isn't a drug, it's a vitamin.
See this note at the bottom of the account page on delta.com:

If you linked your WorldPerks and SkyMiles accounts, and you don't see your previous WorldPerks account activity, you can still log into nwa.com with your WorldPerks number and PIN to review this activity until your accounts are fully merged. Once your accounts have been fully merged, you will receive an email notification from us. All linked accounts will be merged before the end of the year.

NOTE: If you are a SkyMiles member who did not link a WorldPerks account, all of your account activity should be accurate.
That is the case with Mrs. Gargoyle, who has active current accounts on both NWA and DL.
Old Oct 1, 2009, 5:44 pm

Originally Posted by BravoZulu
do you actually believe it is a possibility that they did not back up everything the way it was before doing this huge migration ?
Old Oct 1, 2009, 5:57 pm

Programs: DL DM, UA 1K
IT issues

Having worked IT for many years, I would suggest the following:

Wait a day or two...I am fairly confident that the people doing the migration are aware of the issues you are seeing and are working on them.

If your miles or MQM's are still not right after 5 or 6 days, then call. You will have waited out the rush and get better attention. Unless the balance in your account is critical to upcoming travel, you will be better waiting.

Panic rarely improves a situation.
Old Oct 1, 2009, 6:04 pm

Programs: DL PM
A mess, indeed. Longtime DL PM, never linked to or flew NW, and today I have 0 MQM year to date, 0 MQM previous year, and -1 segments. Awesome!
Old Oct 1, 2009, 7:31 pm

Programs: AA Exec Platinum/MM, DL Gold/MM, Hilton Diamond, Accor Platinum, Hertz Presidents Circle
I wouldn't worry about the zero EQM for 2008. nwa.com has had that bug for months.
Old Oct 1, 2009, 7:45 pm

Programs: Delta Diamond; Hilton Diamond; Accor Gold
Wait a day or two, then call in.

I hope you have a copy of your page, most FT WP do, or should!

The system will look messy as they merge the accounts. In fact, they are moving the DL accounts over to WP and plan to use the WP software as their base.

Sucu a masive shift in databases will take time.
Old Oct 1, 2009, 9:23 pm
Original Poster

Question What's a backup

Originally Posted by decibel08
do you actually believe it is a possibility that they did not back up everything the way it was before doing this huge migration ?
Get real.

This is a realtime business. They've got layers of backups in multiple remote locations several times an hour.

I would have thought that the betas and simulations would have worked out the issues without having to display such incompetence to the world.

If this is an improvement, then I want yesterday back.
Old Oct 1, 2009, 9:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Deltaworst Peon Level, TSA "Layer 21 Club", NW WP RIP
Originally Posted by fromYXU
In fact, they are moving the DL accounts over to WP and plan to use the WP software as their base.
Ah, perhaps that explains why the DL home page log in now requires your last name in addition to account number and PW, just like the old NW log in used to be.

My DL SM account now has pure NW flights(which were credited to WP--totally nothing to do with DL) from two years ago added to the bottom of the activities list. I did not search to see how far back they go.

However, my remaining ONE WorldPerk mile has still not transferred over. I'm p*ss*ed!!!! You better transfer that mile, DL!!!!
Old Oct 2, 2009, 12:12 am
FOH

Programs: DL GM, UA nobody, Marriott Gold
My miles are all accounted for but they shouldn't let programmers pick how things are displayed all the time...

"Non Air Activity Bonus: DL Data Migration Bonus promotion"

This seems to be the catch-all bucket for Amex double miles, some Amex monthly miles, etc.
Old Oct 2, 2009, 12:19 am

Programs: AA Plat, DL PM (not for long)
Originally Posted by FOH
My miles are all accounted for but they shouldn't let programmers pick how things are displayed all the time...

"Non Air Activity Bonus: DL Data Migration Bonus promotion"

This seems to be the catch-all bucket for Amex double miles, some Amex monthly miles, etc.
I hope the descriptions are better going forward.

Has anyone's account been merged yet?
Old Oct 2, 2009, 5:27 am

Programs: DL PM(sigh)/2.3MM & a bunch of other programs...
Cool Gone Baby, Gone

Current Membership Level:
Medallion Qualification Miles (year to date): 0
Medallion Qualification Miles (previous year): 0
Medallion Qualification Segments (previous year): -1

Current SkyMiles Mileage Balance 0
Million Miler™ Miles 0
SkyMiles Mileage Expiration

My account was a SkyMiles account, not an NWA transfer.

I guess I owe them a segment. As long as everything is still in the back-end systems, I can live with it until they clear whatever glitches there are between it and the website.

I've never seen a "technology tune-up" that didn't require a return visit to the repair shop, so this is no big surprise.

Last edited by SeaClay007; Oct 2, 2009 at 5:29 am Reason: Always SM Account
Old Oct 2, 2009, 5:49 am

Programs: AA GM, DL DM, DSC
Originally Posted by SeaClay007
Current Membership Level:
Medallion Qualification Miles (year to date): 0
Medallion Qualification Miles (previous year): 0
Medallion Qualification Segments (previous year): -1
Same display for me. It appears my totals are correct in the WP system since I can log into nwa.com with my SM# and all account details are correct. It simply appears that dl.com can't pull info from the WP database properly at the moment.

It will get worked out over the next few days but until then I am confident that my itins and accrual to date are in the new system and accurate, its just a minor glitch when trying to view it from dl.com.

I take some comfort in the fact that dl IT recognized the value of the WP system, retained it and are migrating us all to that system rather than keeping the dl system "just because".

Retaining me as a customer though, is another matter... very disappointed in dl lately.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.