Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Americas > Cuba
Reload this Page >

Best Resorts In Cuba

Best Resorts In Cuba

Old Nov 23, 06, 3:51 pm
Original Poster

Programs: IC - RA, Delta Hotels Canada Platinum Plus, AC - SE
Best Resorts In Cuba

I loved Sandals in Varedaro and Club Tryp in Cayo Coco was so so. What others have others been to?
Old Nov 26, 06, 11:02 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend and Moderator: Air Canada Aeroplan & Manufactured Spending

The Tryp Peninsula and Paradisus Varadero, both in Varadero, high quality resorts, as is the amazing Paradisus Rio De Oro in Holguin. The Iberostar Varadero not far behind.
Old Dec 4, 06, 6:57 pm

Programs: Air Canada Aeroplan, British Airways Avios, Marriott Rewards
I stayed at the SuperClubs Breezes Varadero in 2002. I thought it was nice. Not the greatest resort I ever stayed at, but still decent. The buffets were very good, and the beach grill was excellent (we slipped the guy a $20 tip and he brought us unlimited steak and lobster - this was back in the days when US were still allowed).

It's close enough to Varadero that you can go in for the day. I'd definately recommend going to Havana - think about staying overnight at least one night.

Greg
Old Dec 31, 06, 4:33 pm

any updates on these posts Im off to Cuba in april
Old Jul 24, 12, 3:24 pm

Any new hotels in Cuba that are very nice?? Bump!
Old Aug 13, 12, 8:12 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend and Moderator: Air Canada Aeroplan & Manufactured Spending

While not brand new the Iberostar Laguna Azul in Varadero is only 18 mos. old and has received lots of positive input though I haven't been there yet myself.

Having stayed at other Iberostar resorts in Dom. Rep., Mexico and Cuba they do the all inclusive resort experience very well.
Old Aug 14, 12, 10:53 am

Programs: EB*G, BT VIP
Originally Posted by tcook052 View Post
While not brand new the Iberostar Laguna Azul in Varadero is only 18 mos. old and has received lots of positive input though I haven't been there yet myself.

Having stayed at other Iberostar resorts in Dom. Rep., Mexico and Cuba they do the all inclusive resort experience very well.
I've stayed in Iberostar Laguna Azul November last year and I wouldn't believe it is 18 month old. More like 5-7 years old at least, unless you talking about some isolated building or block which may have been refurbished?
Anyway the hotel was quite ok, I liked it except total absence of Wifi, only guest computers at lobby.
Old Aug 14, 12, 8:32 pm

Originally Posted by another_shot View Post
I've stayed in Iberostar Laguna Azul November last year and I wouldn't believe it is 18 month old. More like 5-7 years old at least, unless you talking about some isolated building or block which may have been refurbished?
Late 2009, according to this news article, so slightly older than my memory recalled but still not even 3 years old.

FWIW the Riu Varadero is not quite 2 years old having opened in Oct. 2010 but have heard varying reports of it's quality and is barely in the top 20 on Trip Advisor IIRC.
Old Aug 5, 13, 6:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: A3&O6 Gold,IC AMB & HH Diamond
Latest and Newest

Meliá Marina Varadero All Inclusive Hotel & Apartments
Old Aug 10, 13, 9:17 am

Programs: lh sen spg plat ra plat hyatt dia
We liked Mansion Xanadu at Varadero.

http://www.tripadvisor.ca/Hotel_Revi...ince_Cuba.html
Old Sep 1, 13, 8:42 pm

Best Resorts In Cuba

I stayed at the Iberostar Varadero which is a classic. Had been doubting between that one and the Paradisus Varadero.
Really depends of your personality, Iberostar is definitely a family oriented resort with hard working people and a LOT of stuff to do during the day where as Paradisus is luxury (or as luxurious as it gets in VRA, let's be honest)
My godfather stayed at the Laguna Azul and they enjoyed it a lot. Theyre going back some time this September. They are AI fanatics so you can rely on their taste.
Old Sep 4, 13, 6:36 am

10 months during 10 years in Cuba between 2001-2011 due family reasons:

I noticed 2 things:

1) None of the resort has a good price to quality ratio if you compare against any other country
2) Resort change in quality when Hefe´s change.

I would use casa particulares instead of resorts.
Old Nov 7, 13, 10:19 am

Dont agree on price quality mentioned here; for instance the brand new Melia marina varadero can be booked now at just 118,- euro /2 persons all inclusive.willvisit this resort in2weeks time
It has a marina, 7 restaurants and anything which can easily compete with resorts in other caribbean destinations. However at rates generally 30-50% off similar resorts.eg St Maarten which i will visit in January
Additionally u get the amazingly friendly Cuban staff.
Flight connections from major Canadian and European destinations are great as well( especiallyfor Skyteam flights)
New developments are well on its way, mainly offered by Spanish melia but some UK/Canadian chains are in as well.There are even some fancy new boutique hotels in Havana like saratoga and the new terral
Old Nov 11, 13, 6:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: A3&O6 Gold,IC AMB & HH Diamond
whatever you do, stick to nothing below a 5 star and go for the Melia chain.
Old Jan 1, 14, 6:47 pm

Originally Posted by splflyer View Post
Dont agree on price quality mentioned here; for instance the brand new Melia marina varadero can be booked now at just 118,- euro /2 persons all inclusive.willvisit this resort in2weeks time
IME new resorts, especially those opening in the busier winter season, often come in with low introductory pricing to build traffic only to raise them for their second season.

Search this Thread