Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Cuba & travel tips

Search this Thread

Old Dec 13, 2019, 10:29 am
Original Poster

Cuba & travel tips

I am going to make a trip to cuba with some friends and we R looking for some „funny activities“. And with „funny“ I don‘t mean this standard poop, I mean very stupid things like:
-trinking a bottle of Bacardi in front of the birthplace of bacardi
-playing assasins creed black flag in havana and explore the town in the game and in real life at the same time

do you have any other ideas?
Old Dec 13, 2019, 4:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Silver going for Gold
While the Cuban pplice seem to be pretty laid back and not oppressive like to the north, I wouldn't do anything too stupid.

Originally Posted by FlorianNie
You'd have to go to Santiago de Cuba for that.
Old Dec 13, 2019, 8:09 pm

Programs: AA EXPlat, 2.4MM; HHonors Diamond
I am going to make a trip to cuba with some friends and we R looking for some „funny activities“. And with „funny“ I don‘t mean this standard poop, I mean very stupid things like:
-playing assasins creed black flag in havana and explore the town in the game and in real life at the same time

do you have any other ideas?
No Bacardi in Cuba.
And there are far better things to do in Cuba than to engage in "funny activities."
tmac100 likes this.
Old Dec 14, 2019, 5:23 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: Piggly Wiggly "Shop the Pig!" Preferred Shopper
Originally Posted by YVR Cockroach
While the Cuban pplice seem to be pretty laid back and not oppressive like to the north, I wouldn't do anything too stupid.

You'd have to go to Santiago de Cuba for that.
Originally Posted by catcher1
No Bacardi in Cuba.
And there are far better things to do in Cuba than to engage in "funny activities."
I agree with both of the above, and I've done plenty of stupid but fun things in my life. FlorianNie, the Cubans you meet will hope that you have lots of fun there (and please spend lots of CUCs well!). But with anything you have in mind, be considerate of your hosts. Don't put Cuban cops in a position where they have to put a stop to whatever you're doing, and maybe arrest you. Wouldn't be fun for anyone involved.
tmac100 likes this.
Old Dec 15, 2019, 6:08 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by catcher1
No Bacardi in Cuba.
like...
Old Dec 15, 2019, 6:16 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
You could rent a 'friend' for a week. That is apparently quite popular.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prostitution_in_Cuba

Is that what you mean by 'funny'?
Old Dec 15, 2019, 8:31 am

Programs: AA EXPlat, 2.4MM; HHonors Diamond
like...
Walk the streets of Habana Vieja.
Meet the people; talk with them.
Check out the art.
Listen to the music.
Stroll along the Malecon and gaze out at Havana bay.
Visit the Wall of fame at the Hotel Nacional, the presidential palace, capitolio, cementerio Colon, Fabrica de Arte.
Take a trip to the countryside, visit tobacco farms.
Enjoy the rum.
Feel the energy.

And that's just a start.
dhuey likes this.
Old Jun 17, 2020, 8:01 am

With a limited amount of hotel choices which is where I wanted to go anyways I was wondering if anyone could tell me between MJDR and Grand Muthu which was has the nicest beach hopefully with a gradual entry into the ocean? Thank you!.
Old Jul 18, 2020, 12:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: A3&O6 Gold,IC AMB
Originally Posted by james.williams123098
With a limited amount of hotel choices which is where I wanted to go anyways I was wondering if anyone could tell me between MJDR and Grand Muthu which was has the nicest beach hopefully with a gradual entry into the ocean? Thank you!.
You are kidding right? You going to Cuba with COVID still alive and kicking?
Old Jul 18, 2020, 3:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by djjaguar64
You are kidding right? You going to Cuba with COVID still alive and kicking?
Supposedly it is well under control in Cuba with the high proportion of medical staffopulation and health workers apparently do a cursory check on the population every day. Though medical facilities and equipment may be lacking, Cuba's preventative action has reportedly curtailed the spread.

https://www.newscientist.com/article...ours-struggle/

https://covid19.who.int/region/amro/country/cu/
Old Jul 19, 2020, 7:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: A3&O6 Gold,IC AMB
Originally Posted by YVR Cockroach
Supposedly it is well under control in Cuba with the high proportion of medical staffopulation and health workers apparently do a cursory check on the population every day. Though medical facilities and equipment may be lacking, Cuba's preventative action has reportedly curtailed the spread.

https://www.newscientist.com/article...ours-struggle/

https://covid19.who.int/region/amro/country/cu/

So you will believe the Cuban authorities just as you would believe the Chinese govt?
Old Jul 19, 2020, 12:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by djjaguar64
So you will believe the Cuban authorities just as you would believe the Chinese govt?
Yeah. Maybe naïve and over trusting but not more (or less) than other governments.

From today's The Guardian
Cuba has reported no new domestic cases of Covid-19 for the first time in 130 days, as most of the country moved into the final phase of resuming normal activities with masks and social distancing.

Francisco Duran, head of epidemiology at the Ministry of Public Health, and who has updated the country daily on the pandemic, took off his mask during Sunday’s national broadcast to deliver the good news.

Only a handful of Covid-19 cases were reported in Cuba over the last week, all in Havana. Most of the Caribbean island, home to 11.2 million inhabitants, has been free of the disease for more than a month.
Cuba has reported no new domestic cases of Covid-19 for the first time in 130 days, as most of the country moved into the final phase of resuming normal activities with masks and social distancing.

Francisco Duran, head of epidemiology at the Ministry of Public Health, and who has updated the country daily on the pandemic, took off his mask during Sunday’s national broadcast to deliver the good news.

Only a handful of Covid-19 cases were reported in Cuba over the last week, all in Havana. Most of the Caribbean island, home to 11.2 million inhabitants, has been free of the disease for more than a month.
Old Jan 2, 2023, 6:47 am

Programs: Aeroplan, Delta Skymiles
Any tips / tricks for my parents to book a day trip from Varadero to Havana and have someone guide them around? I head that you can hire somebody but would that be arranged through hotel or do you have to find a person in Varadero? TIA

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.