Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Americas > Cuba
Reload this Page >

Has anyone ever flown Alaskan to Cuba? Bumped off flight?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 3, 2017, 6:40 pm
Original Poster

I've been playing with a couple dates from LAX to HAV on Alaskan. There's a flight that I would would work for me from 12/15-12/23 but because it's right before the holidays it is $601.

My question is being on the 12/23 flight, do they often "bump" you due to the number of people flying out? It's the only nonstop Alaskan flight from HAV to LAX.

I'm just wondering because I would love to be bumped and given a credit voucher. I'm just trying to figure out if American based airlines do this in Cuba since it might require a 1 night hotel accommodation.
Old Sep 3, 2017, 8:05 pm

Programs: Nothing spectacular
I've never heard of an Alaskan Airlines. Jokes aside, I bet the chances of a bump in Cuba are pretty slim. Inventory management departments at airlines keep getting better, combined with the interesting situation in Cuba means that bumps are highly unlikely. I would like to here some first hand experiences though.
Old Sep 3, 2017, 10:38 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by theflyingguyblog
I've never heard of an Alaskan Airlines. Jokes aside, I bet the chances of a bump in Cuba are pretty slim. Inventory management departments at airlines keep getting better, combined with the interesting situation in Cuba means that bumps are highly unlikely. I would like to here some first hand experiences though.
LOL. I cannot believe I called it Alaskan Airlines myself.

After I posted this, I searched about getting bumped on airlines. You are right...It doesn't happen that frequently anymore. I just was thinking if I flew out on December 23 that it would be overbooked because of it being one of the busiest days to travel. When I checked the seats left on the flight, it appears to be maybe 60% full. Doesn't seem like people will be coming in from Havana on the 23rd!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.