Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Americas > Cuba
Reload this Page >

Varadero to Havana - Anything to see along the way?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Varadero to Havana - Anything to see along the way?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 25, 2016, 7:58 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Aeroplan, BA Executive- Blue, Lifemiles, AA Advantage, VIA Rail Preference, Iberia Plus
Originally Posted by Rad456
When is it you are travelling?

Viazul you have to book a minimum of 7 days in advance. There is a Viazul office at the Airport, but was not open when I was there

You should also check to see where the bus is full to? Check Varadero-Havana, Varadero Airport to Havana, Mantanzas - Havana. It may be open from Mantanzas

Myself and 4 other people caught Viazul at 1230 from the Airport, no advance booking Jan 27. The bus was full. We stood to Mantanzas and then had seats from Mantanzas to Havana

Depending on incoming flights, you maybe able to grab one of the buses that the package tours use. Ask the various tour company reps right after you get out of the airport.

You can also check there may be others from your flight waiting for the bus. If you are waiting, ask around and may be able to split a taxi.

On your way back Havana - Varadero on Viazul, you should be able to take another bus right from Viazul station to your resort. I think it is 3 or 4 CUCs
Thanks, but I just got back last Monday.

I ended up having to get a cab into Havana. Figured I'd cut my losses.

I was able to get the bus (viazul) on the way back though but I ended up spelling like diesel though... ugh!
Old Feb 26, 2016, 12:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: A3&O6 Gold,IC AMB & HH Diamond
How much was your cab?

I paid 50CUC for my private car.
Old Mar 9, 2016, 4:30 am
Original Poster

Programs: Aeroplan, BA Executive- Blue, Lifemiles, AA Advantage, VIA Rail Preference, Iberia Plus
Thumbs down

Originally Posted by djjaguar64
How much was your cab?

I paid 50CUC for my private car.
100 CUC.

IMO, the trip in general wasn't worth it for what prices cost. I may as hell have just gone to Turks & Caicos or Caymans. The service for the most part was atrocious. Don't get me started on the Vinales tour or resort for the night in Varadero...

Oh well. you win some, you lose some. That's life and life is short so there's no point in getting all upset about it.
Old Mar 10, 2016, 7:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: A3&O6 Gold,IC AMB & HH Diamond
Originally Posted by iceblueshoes
100 CUC.

IMO, the trip in general wasn't worth it for what prices cost. I may as hell have just gone to Turks & Caicos or Caymans. The service for the most part was atrocious. Don't get me started on the Vinales tour or resort for the night in Varadero...

Oh well. you win some, you lose some. That's life and life is short so there's no point in getting all upset about it.
Cuba is Cuba, you either Love it or Hate it. I have been visiting since 2001 and I have never been bored, except one year when it was freezing cold. But mi gusta CUBA

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.