Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Americas > Cuba
Reload this Page >

Toronto to Havana - $2K? Where to find decent flight prices?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Toronto to Havana - $2K? Where to find decent flight prices?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 4, 2015, 11:39 pm

Programs: lh sen
Eurowings offers flights from CGN to VRA (or VRA - CGN) from november 2015 for 229 EUR oneway.
Old Mar 5, 2015, 8:16 am

Originally Posted by cmgalan
I'm flying YYZ --> Veradara --> Havana (return) for CAN$278 (including taxes) on Cubana Airlines (Monday April 27 return Thursday April 30).
Booked on redtag.ca
Should be an adventure.
I was telling a Cuban-American friend about this post, since we are planning a trip together soon, to include taking me to visit the relatives.
He referred to using Cubana as flying "a coffin with wings".
Old Mar 5, 2015, 12:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*1K MM SK EBG LATAM BL
Originally Posted by VidaNaPraia
I was telling a Cuban-American friend about this post, since we are planning a trip together soon, to include taking me to visit the relatives.
He referred to using Cubana as flying "a coffin with wings".
When was the last time your friend actually flew Cubana?

Their last crash was in 1999 on an old Yak-42.
How many airlines have had crashes since?
Old Mar 7, 2015, 11:52 am

Great info in this thread!

US citizen here looking to potentially fly to YYZ and then to Cuba. Looks like VRA is the logical choice. Based on a previous post here I went to check out redtag.ca and found a really really good fare on AC (cost a little less than on WJ, so I'm worried it may "too good to be true")

As a non-Canadian, is there any issue with me booking a flight through redtag.ca to fly to Cuba? I'm aware of Us law and the new relaxation of them, but I'm specifically concerned that there may be an issue for me going thru redtag. I've never heard of them, though reviews are not very good.

Thanks for all the info!

Last edited by adschnei; Mar 7, 2015 at 12:08 pm
Old Mar 8, 2015, 11:25 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, A3 Gold
Originally Posted by adschnei
Great info in this thread!

US citizen here looking to potentially fly to YYZ and then to Cuba. Looks like VRA is the logical choice. Based on a previous post here I went to check out redtag.ca and found a really really good fare on AC (cost a little less than on WJ, so I'm worried it may "too good to be true")

As a non-Canadian, is there any issue with me booking a flight through redtag.ca to fly to Cuba? I'm aware of Us law and the new relaxation of them, but I'm specifically concerned that there may be an issue for me going thru redtag. I've never heard of them, though reviews are not very good.

Thanks for all the info!
Recently I have found more flexibility in flights and (thus) better fares by booking directly from the airline website - in this case www.aircanada.com. None of my friends have ever had issues with booking a flight originating in a country they are non-resident. But, YMMV.

I know of a number of friends from the USA who have booked flights originating in YYZ and going to HAV and VRA. They are back safe-and-sound in their USA domiciles.

Bon voyage.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.