Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Americas > Cuba
Reload this Page >

Renting a Car in Cuba

Renting a Car in Cuba

Old Apr 5, 10, 7:01 am
Original Poster

Renting a Car in Cuba

I would like to rent a car for a few days while in Cuba. I know it is possible to do so online from Canada, but is it easy to rent a car while in Cuba? I will be in Holguin and it appears that one must travel to airport to rent a car, or are there other local places to do so? Thanks for your help!
Old Apr 7, 10, 2:43 am
Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Location: UK - the nearest airport is named after a motorway !
we went three years ago, very easy to arrange rental at the local Cuba tourist desk at the hotel we were in (think all hotels have these desks).
Old Apr 22, 10, 3:15 pm

Programs: lh sen spg plat ra plat hyatt dia
Originally Posted by Luna View Post
I would like to rent a car for a few days while in Cuba. I know it is possible to do so online from Canada, but is it easy to rent a car while in Cuba? I will be in Holguin and it appears that one must travel to airport to rent a car, or are there other local places to do so? Thanks for your help!

It is always better to rent in advance and to get a voucher (cheaper and better cars).

You can rent a car by most of the european tour operators (Thomas Cook, DER) or with cuban car rental companies.

http://www.cubacar.info/
Old Jun 29, 10, 12:29 pm

That link takes you to a German website - probably with no actual connection to the Cuban company of that name.

Watch out - there are many websites with names of Cuban companies that have no conection with the Cuban company.

There are only about three Cuban rental agencies now, as most were merged into Transtur. Transtur therefore has the largest network. Rex are higher end (also part of Transtur).

Search this Thread