Reload this Page >

Cruise Meet-up Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 23, 2014, 10:36 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: mahasamatman
Please feel free to delete cruises that have departed, and add your upcoming ones from the thread. This wiki is current through Post #572. Keeping this list in chronological order will make it easier for people to meet up.
06 May: MSC Explora I - 6 nights - Vancouver to Los Angeles - YVR Cockroach

15 Jun: Enchanted Princess - 7 nights - Caribbean (Port Everglades round-trip) - BamaVol
22 Jun: Diamond Princess - 9 nights - Japan's Southern Islands (Yokohama round-trip) - mahasamatman

01 Jul: Diamond Princess - 9 nights - Sea of Japan (Yokohama round-trip) - mahasamatman
28 Jul: Cunard Queen Mary 2 - 9 nights - Trans-Atlantic (NYC to Hamburg) - gretchendz

26 Aug: Silver Dawn - 10 Nights - Northern Europe (Norwegian Fjords) - pbjag

02 Sep: Seabourn Odyssey - 22 nights - Pacific Passage (Seattle to Yokohama) - 747FC
09 Sep: Cunard Queen Victoria - 7 nights - Mediterranean (Barcelona to Roma) - mahasamatman
16 Sep: Cunard Queen Victoria - 7 nights - Mediterranean (Roma to Trieste) - mahasamatman
23 Sep: Cunard Queen Victoria - 7 nights - Mediterranean (Trieste to Barcelona) - mahasamatman
30 Sep: Cunard Queen Victoria - 7 nights - Mediterranean (Barcelona to Istanbul) - mahasamatman

29 Nov: NCL Viva - 16 nights - Transatlantic (Lisbon to San Juan) - ysolde

02 Jan: Celebrity Solstice - 11 nights - Southeast Asia (Hong Kong to Singapore) - mahasamatman
14 Jan: Celebrity Millennium - 12 nights - Southeast Asia (Singapore to Bali) - mahasamatman

29 Mar: Discovery Princess - 7 nights - Pacific Coastal (San Pedro round-trip) - mahasamatman
30 Mar: Seabourn Quest - 14 nights - Japan (Yokohama to Yokohama) - 747FC

08 Apr: Grand Princess - 7 nights - Pacific Coastal (San Pedro to Vancouver) - mahasamatman

10 Jul: P&O Aurora - 16 nights - Northern Europe and Scandanavia (Southampton round-trip) - mahasamatman
26 Jul: P&O Aurora - 12 nights - Norwegian Fjords (Southampton round-trip) - mahasamatman

20 Dec: Regent Seven Seas Mariner - 21 nights - Island Rhythm and Coastal Charm (Miami round-trip) - ysolde
20 Dec: Viking Octantis - 17 nights - Antarctica and South Georgia Island - 747FC
Print Wikipost

Cruise Meet-up Thread

Search this Thread

Old Jun 23, 2017, 11:12 pm

Programs: Au: UA, Marriott, Hilton; GE
Originally Posted by YVR Cockroach
In the bilge
2017 Sept 8
Celebrity Millennium Vancouver-Yokohama
Good luck! I was in a suite on the Millenium a few years ago, and there was a periodic stench of sewage in the room and hallways.
Old Dec 30, 2017, 4:24 am

Programs: Mucci, BA Bronze, Hilton Gold
First ever cruise on 7th January on Celebrity Silhouette from FLL.
Old Dec 30, 2017, 8:31 am

Originally Posted by Sealink
First ever cruise on 7th January on Celebrity Silhouette from FLL.
Congrats on joining the cruise life! Hope you like the Silhouette--we did.

Bon Voyage!
Sealink likes this.
Old Jan 1, 2018, 6:30 pm

Last minute decision while on the Emerald Princess to book:

2018 - Sept 19 = Circle North Pacific rndtrp from, LA 60 days
Old Jan 1, 2018, 11:11 pm

Originally Posted by 8dimsum
Last minute decision while on the Emerald Princess to book:

2018 - Sept 19 = Circle North Pacific rndtrp from, LA 60 days
Feel free to edit the Wiki to add your information.
Old Feb 10, 2018, 5:13 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Platinum; Amex Plat; Four Seasons; Fairmont; HH; etc.; "Retirees-In-Training"
In search of Northern Lights!

We'll be leaving in the near future for an novel cruise (for us). We'll be taking the Hurtigruten Trollfjord from Bergen on the 12 day Round Trip Norwegian Coastal ferry/cruise in and out of many of the fjords, up to Kirkenes (near the Russian border) and back again.

This particular cruise is one of the few during the winter that has an Astronomy Package.

It will be quite different from the regular cruises/cruise ships we've been on, but at least we were able to get a nice suite with a balcony.

We hope to see the Northern Lights, but even if we aren't fortunate with that, there should be spectacular scenery in and out of the fjords.

NOTE: Others posting cruises here on FT might also want to read or post on the www.CruiseCritic.com ROLL CALLS for their specific ship and sailing date, to meet up with others on the ship, and perhaps to arrange private excursions.

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=34

GC
Old May 12, 2018, 10:57 am

Originally Posted by GeezerCouple
We'll be leaving in the near future for an novel cruise (for us). We'll be taking the Hurtigruten Trollfjord from Bergen on the 12 day Round Trip Norwegian Coastal ferry/cruise in and out of many of the fjords, up to Kirkenes (near the Russian border) and back again.

This particular cruise is one of the few during the winter that has an Astronomy Package.

It will be quite different from the regular cruises/cruise ships we've been on, but at least we were able to get a nice suite with a balcony.

We hope to see the Northern Lights, but even if we aren't fortunate with that, there should be spectacular scenery in and out of the fjords.

NOTE: Others posting cruises here on FT might also want to read or post on the www.CruiseCritic.com ROLL CALLS for their specific ship and sailing date, to meet up with others on the ship, and perhaps to arrange private excursions.

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=34

GC
Feel free to edit the Wiki to add your information.
Old May 12, 2018, 10:58 am

I've cleaned up the wiki a bit, and also added my newly-booked trip for September on Silversea's Silver Shadow.
Old May 21, 2018, 7:46 am
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA PPro/DL PLT, PPass, Marriott / Hilton Gold, JetBlue Mosaic, Hertz Presidents Circle, Amex Plat
Just added to the Wiki my upcoming RCCL Sailing on Freedom of the Seas.
Old Jul 9, 2018, 11:53 pm

I cleaned up the Wiki.

Hey fellow cruisers, feel free to add your cruise to the Wiki and meet up with FTers on the high seas.
boxo likes this.
Old Aug 22, 2018, 5:41 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
Four cruises booked, and we'll have another one or two booked next month.
747FC likes this.
Old Aug 22, 2018, 5:50 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Platinum; Amex Plat; Four Seasons; Fairmont; HH; etc.; "Retirees-In-Training"
Originally Posted by 747FC
I cleaned up the Wiki.

Hey fellow cruisers, feel free to add your cruise to the Wiki and meet up with FTers on the high seas.
Thanks!

We'll be on the Oceania Riviera's 27 Nov 2018 sailing RT from Miami, returning on 09 Dec 2018.
DH has a major birthday (we joke it's his "50th" ) which is why we chose this particular sailing.

The itinerary is Southern Caribbean.

Then we have a Med cruise in May, 2019 on Oceania's Marina, Barcelona to Rome.

We have some others planned, but we sometimes make changes when the plans are that far in the future.

RM
Old Oct 31, 2018, 4:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Silver going for Gold
Ponant Le Soleal Papeete - Maizuru March/April 2019 (<br />$182 pp pd all-in!)<br /><br />
Originally Posted by 747FC
Good luck! I was in a suite on the Millenium a few years ago, and there was a periodic stench of sewage in the room and hallways.
<br /><br />Year late but the ship was in good order. No evident sewage issues of any sort (not that I went to any deck below the restaurant level except to exit/enter the ship). Had an inside cabin just below the spa which was an ideal location (just under the spa/palestra and spa café). I wouldn't recommend the ship (or Celebrity) unless one can dine in Luminae or Blu (i.e, suite or Aqua). The food was fairly dismal compared to HAL of 4 years ago. MDR is also crowded due to space carved out for the formerly-mentioned DRs.
Old Dec 18, 2018, 8:40 pm

Cleaned up the Wiki.

Happy Holidays, fellow travelers!
Old Mar 1, 2019, 12:03 am

Just added this to the Wiki:

15 February: Seabourn Ovation - 14-Day Thailand & Vietnam (SIN-HKG)

This will be the first time for us on one of Seabourn's larger ships, and a first for us in Southeast Asia.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.