Bringing Alcohol Aboard Carnival Cruise

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Bringing Alcohol Aboard Carnival Cruise

Search this Thread

Old May 3, 2011, 3:28 pm

I found an easy way to take your own alcohol on Carnival

My husband and I just got away with taking our own booze with us - and escaped all the hyped up charges for drinks. Before we left, we bought some CamoCaps (just Google it) which are simple bottle caps that make your own water bottles look factory-sealed. No kidding - it was the perfect solution and Carnival never suspected. Saved us mucho $$$!
Old May 4, 2011, 9:09 am

Programs: DL PM, USLess air & HHoners
These worked for me last year Rum Runner Flasks. I put two of the small ones in my checked luggage (put one in my jeans pockets and the other one in the side pocket of my suitcase) and put the larger one in my carry-on... No issues either way...
Old May 14, 2011, 6:34 pm

Programs: AA PPro/ 1MM+, Marriott LT Plat
HIt or miss. Might get through, might get called to the "naughty table" might get (doubt it severely) booted from the ship.

If you are gonna try it, use the rum runners or something similar
Old May 15, 2011, 9:15 pm

>"My husband and I just got away with taking our own booze with us"
But isn't that just illegal?
Old May 17, 2011, 6:53 pm

Originally Posted by JanePond
>But isn't that just illegal?
Don't know if it's illegal, but it's against some cruise ships rules... They each are different. Last year, leaving San Juan on Princess, we were told by the princess staff that we could bring two bottles of wine or champagne each onto the ship. On another cruise on Princess in the Baltic, they scanned our carry-on and I had two bottles of wine in it. Cruise literature said that you can have one bottle of wine or champagne.

The basic reasoning behind it is that they want to sell you the booze... If drinks were $4.00 or $5.00 each, a lot people probably wouldn't care and would just buy drinks on-board, but when they start hitting $8.00 or $10.00 per drink, some people look at it differently...
Old May 18, 2011, 6:56 am

I am well aware of the cruise lines rules and regulations. I appreciate the pricing of drinks. OK, perhaps 'pricing' is not the best description. I know this topic is discussed ad nauseum on the Cruise Critic boards. But still...
Old May 19, 2011, 1:53 pm

Smile It's not so hard to sneak booze on a cruise ship

My husband and I just got back from a great cruise where we were able to save bundles of money by taking our own liquor onboard just by using a simple product called Camo Caps (you can Google it) that makes an ordinary water bottle look like it's still factory-sealed. We came and went through lots of port security, carrying our special water bottles. No prob!
Old May 19, 2011, 2:19 pm

Programs: DL, AA, US, UA, VX
Originally Posted by partypunch
My husband and I just got back from a great cruise where we were able to save bundles of money by taking our own liquor onboard just by using a simple product called Camo Caps (you can Google it) that makes an ordinary water bottle look like it's still factory-sealed. We came and went through lots of port security, carrying our special water bottles. No prob!
So this is your second post for the same product in this thread! Do you work for them or something?? Why would that prevent the ship personnel from confiscating the bottles? If they x-ray your luggage and see the "water" bottles, wouldn't that raise a red flag? As opposed to the Rum Runners which hopefully and apparently get by undetectable? Just curious. Anyone else use the "Camo Caps" besides partypunch?
Old May 19, 2011, 7:45 pm

Programs: US C.P.
Curious.......Where are you from???
Old May 19, 2011, 8:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

a simple product called Camo Caps
Great product. Ridiculous price. Wonder how much it costs to manufacture...
Old May 19, 2011, 8:42 pm

I appreciate the pricing of drinks. OK, perhaps 'pricing' is not the best description. .
I call it more of gouging... Kind of like the price of gasoline right now in the US...
Old May 20, 2011, 8:37 am

> "I call it more of gouging."

Call it what you will, it is still cheating.
Old May 20, 2011, 7:20 pm

> "I call it more of gouging."

Call it what you will, it is still cheating.
I guess it's to each his/her own...
Old May 21, 2011, 2:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: CX, DL, Nexus/GE, APEC
Diy camo-caps

CAMO-CAPS are just blank caps the bottlers buy in bulk to seal up their bottles.

Take one full unopened water bottle. Puncture the bottle to empty out the content. Cut bottle apart leaving cap with seal intact.
Old May 23, 2011, 10:02 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold, HH Diamond
We took some onboard recently and the couple with us got caught. They took all theirs and tried to make them like criminals. I guess it's hit or miss with the person looking at the machine at the given time. Hand carring water bottles seems to work. Of course you can only carry a few, but it's something.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.