Wiki Posts
Search

Cruise insurance question

Search this Thread

Old Jun 25, 2022, 6:44 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA Gold, UA, DL
Question Cruise insurance question

I have the Amex plat card of which I have used to pay for our cruises. Booked a non refundable. We already have a yearly worldwide medical evacuation insurance (MedJet). My only concern is about the Covid thing in the event one or both of us would end up coming down with it. We are both vaccinated and boosted. Booked a back to back cruise for next Feb. what kind of insurance do we need? The Celebrity cruise line offers insurance and there are others which are $$$$. Suggestions? Thank you for the help!
Old Jun 25, 2022, 9:29 am

Contact Steve and his team at tripinsurancestore.com All their plans cover covid. They also made sure I knew what to cover and what not to. Example: you dont need to cover a hotel that allows you to cancel up until a day or so before you arrive. Also, they have plans that allow you to add expenses as you go vs having to determine all your non refundable expenses up front - love this type of plan. Then, they also have the pre-existing and CFAR )cancel for any reason) you can opt in for.

I also add trip interruption for any reason. Our Amex cards only cover "specific" reasons. I like the choice of whatever I choice, Im covered. Its only at 75% but thats better than nothing and only cost me $5 per policy.

Hope that helps,
Old Jun 26, 2022, 12:17 am

Programs: Au: UA, Marriott, Hilton; GE
Originally Posted by aguilarcoupons
Contact Steve and his team at tripinsurancestore.com All their plans cover covid. They also made sure I knew what to cover and what not to. Example: you dont need to cover a hotel that allows you to cancel up until a day or so before you arrive. Also, they have plans that allow you to add expenses as you go vs having to determine all your non refundable expenses up front - love this type of plan. Then, they also have the pre-existing and CFAR )cancel for any reason) you can opt in for.

I also add trip interruption for any reason. Our Amex cards only cover "specific" reasons. I like the choice of whatever I choice, Im covered. Its only at 75% but thats better than nothing and only cost me $5 per policy.

Hope that helps,
What costs you $5.00 per policy? What is the cost before that $5.00 thing?
Old Jun 26, 2022, 12:49 am

Policy for 7 days typically with CFAR, interruption for any reason, all in including medical 500K, evacuation 1m, coverage of $14xx for me, $1000 for husband ran us $270
Old Jun 26, 2022, 1:23 am

Programs: Au: UA, Marriott, Hilton; GE
Originally Posted by aguilarcoupons
Policy for 7 days typically with CFAR, interruption for any reason, all in including medical 500K, evacuation 1m, coverage of $14xx for me, $1000 for husband ran us $270
What is the $5.00?
Old Jun 26, 2022, 10:15 am

Its $5.00 to add on the travel interruption for any reason
Old Jun 28, 2022, 6:41 am

I've used tripinsurancestore.com for my cruises, and not just the website (basic research) their staff is great. NY State CFAR is not allowed to be sold but other than that have been satisfied. Paid a small claim for use of the ship's medical services with no issues. I take trip insurance as the primary for medical since my insurance out of network coverage is terrible.
Randyk47 and GeezerCouple like this.
Old Jul 6, 2022, 6:41 am

I have used insuremytrip.com a couple times, they are great, customer service was easy to get in touch with, no long waiting. They will work with you getting the correct plan.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.