Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Cruises
Reload this Page >

departure port

departure port

Old Dec 16, 18, 8:47 am

Programs: AA EXP, DL Silver, Global Entry
Originally Posted by Kagehitokiri View Post
heh, presumably LOTS of people in the lines for early boarding (when applicable to certain cabins) as well
Very few people pay attention to the published boarding times. 2 PM is kind of the generic norm and if observed that would give the crew and staff sufficient or at least more time to prepare the ship for the oncoming passengers. Holland America goes as far as to publish boarding times by deck but at the same time extends early boarding to the higher level suite passengers and to passengers with advanced standing in the line’s frequent cruiser program. Depending on the ship and the cruise it’s not unusual to see 50-60+% of the passengers with some kind of priority. On top of that despite publishing the generic kind of 2 PM booking time the lines often start boarding as early as 12:00-12:30 PM. Experienced cruisers know that and those anxious to get on board and start their cruise will show up at the terminal early in the morning. Often means standing outside waiting for the terminal to get disembarking out and gone but apparently worth it for some.

Last edited by Randyk47; Dec 17, 18 at 6:24 am
Old Feb 9, 19, 3:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

we were viking supported. we flew dca to mia.the women in window seat window seat would not open shade. what she need a window seat to keep the shade down,?

viking hAD People meet us at the plane station. picked up luggage, and put us on a bus, and drove for about 30 min to the boat terminal. checking took about 15 min or so.

viking took us from dock to plane station. mia was scredwed up, but after half an hour we got on plane and came home.

will post about viking later.
Old Feb 10, 19, 7:55 am

Programs: Delta Gold (2020)
Originally Posted by slawecki View Post
the women in window seat window seat would not open shade. what she need a window seat to keep the shade down,?
She wanted to sleep? While I almost always choose an aisle, if I want to sleep and know I won't have to get out for the lav, I'd choose the window....and keep the shade down.
Old Feb 10, 19, 10:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

she read the whole time. shade stayed down till we parked at gate. i just like to look out at my house on the way in. we live 4 miles out from dca
Old Feb 10, 19, 2:51 pm

Eh, I've probably done that too. My husband doesn't allow me the window when we travel together, because I don't properly take advantage of it ;-) That's ok - I do normally prefer the aisle.....When necessary, we trade off on window/aisle & middle.....
Old Feb 11, 19, 1:26 pm

Programs: Hilton LT diamond, Hyatt diamond, Marriott LTte, AA LT plat, Seabourn diamond elite
she read the whole time. shade stayed down till we parked at gate. i just like to look out at my house on the way in. we live 4 miles out from dca
Flyertalk elementary school teaches you the passenger with window seat controls the shade.
The purpose of your original post had to do with FLL vs. MIA. Which did you choose?
Old Feb 11, 19, 2:08 pm

Originally Posted by hedoman View Post
Flyertalk elementary school teaches you the passenger with window seat controls the shade.
The purpose of your original post had to do with FLL vs. MIA. Which did you choose?
we were viking supported. we flew dca to mia.
Looks like he said Miami

Search this Thread
Search Engine: