Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Cruises
Reload this Page >

Have any of you ever worked on a Cruise?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Have any of you ever worked on a Cruise?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 26, 2018, 8:42 pm

Originally Posted by Finkface
Thnaks for the kind words Jay and Iceman.

I found that people either loved it or hated it. There was no in between. Most people either barely stayed one contract and that was it or they came back and stayed for years. It is a very different life, one that I loved. It was a huge departure from my normal, very serious life and I think that was part of the attraction. I loved the freedom from responsibility and the fun of it all. I had never really had a young, fun life as I had always been serious; busy with school, career, buying a condo and having a mortgage at 22. So this was like living out my youth for the first time. I was old for the ships - 28 when I started. Most staff (not officers or crew) were 20. I felt very old at first.

It is a great life for a short time for a young person and if you are smart, the money can go a long way to getting you a great start on the rest of your life.
Great description and info! One question though..... when you said "Crew" you seemed to be talking about hospitality staff.... Any idea on conditions for what one might call the "seamen and engineers"? Not the officers... the professional mariners working for those officers...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.