Reload this Page >

New to Cruises... Need advice

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New to Cruises... Need advice

Search this Thread

Old Apr 8, 2018, 7:43 am

Jim Zim on Youtube has great tours of ships. Great information and tours on Youtube.
Old Apr 11, 2018, 8:38 am

Originally Posted by SkaterJasp
I just completed by 66th cruise and I've had some pretty good ones and some pretty bad ones... Norwegian Epic was the worst of the worst I've ever been on. I've been on ships that are border line ferry boats and even those are better. The staterooms are horribly designed.. they look nice but aren't really functional. They cram in more stateroom than other ships around the same size. The venues are small for the ship of the size, everything is constantly standing room only or sold out. I've been on some of the world's largest cruise ships (Oasis of the Seas and Harmony of the Seas) and never encounter overcrowding on those ships as I did on Norwegian Epic. In addition, the staff and crew seem like they aren't happy working for them. Some staff aren't professional at all, I've heard one staff making drug related jokes in front of kids. During the safety drill that happen on every single cruise, everyone was using their phones and the staff were just chit chatting while the videos play in the background. I've been sat at tables in the restaurants on that ship and ending up waiting an 30-45 minutes before a waiter even came over to offer a glass of water. It was the FIRST and ONLY cruise I've been on where I've consider leaving the ship mid cruise but the only thing that prevented me from doing so is the outrageously expensive last minute airfare from Cozumel to California. Norwegian Epic was my first and LAST cruise on Norwegian.
Your comments about NCL based on sailing one cruise on their worst ship confirms my belief that they should sell that diaster of a ship as it hurts repeat business, especially among first time NCL sailers.
To their credit NCL fired the French design company after just one build based on customer feedback.
IMO , NCL is one of the better mass market lines. My personal favorite is the Dawn
I have done my first and last cruise on the Epic and do agree with your sentiments on that ship but disagree on criticizing an entire company based on one crappy ship.

Last edited by bigbuy; Apr 11, 2018 at 5:20 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.