Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hurtigruten

Search this Thread

Old Mar 27, 2018, 7:23 am

Programs: DL Gold, DL MM 8/22/16!
How/where to book?

I see one can book directly with Hurtigruten on "hurtigruten.us". Is there a better way? I see a ".co.uk", a ".com", and what appear to be agent sites. My usual goto, vacationstogo.com has them but only a few selected tours.

I'm wanting to book a single room, coast of Norway, September, 11 or 12 day. Budget ships and cabin class.

Thank you for any tips, suggestions, caveats, or other aid.

Romelle
Old Mar 27, 2018, 7:39 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Platinum; Amex Plat; Four Seasons; Fairmont; HH; etc.; "Retirees-In-Training"
Originally Posted by Romelle
I see one can book directly with Hurtigruten on "hurtigruten.us". Is there a better way? I see a ".co.uk", a ".com", and what appear to be agent sites. My usual goto, vacationstogo.com has them but only a few selected tours.

I'm wanting to book a single room, coast of Norway, September, 11 or 12 day. Budget ships and cabin class.

Thank you for any tips, suggestions, caveats, or other aid.

Romelle
If you go to their US website, you should find the phone number for their Seattle-based US office.
It might be much easier to do it by phone with a rep who can see all dates and cabin availability.

I think there might be (?) different pricing for the different ships, but there aren't "budget ships". The least expensive cabin would be an inside.
A different ship leaves Bergen every evening for the round trip, so you should be able to find something in September.

It was one of the best trips we ever had, with amazing scenery everywhere.
(But I'm not sure there will be Northern Lights very likely in September, although you will have some nighttime darkness, so it might be possible. A lot can depend upon the solar activity, and we happened to be very lucky in that respect earlier this month!)

GC
Old Apr 8, 2018, 6:26 pm

Programs: Au: UA, Marriott, Hilton; GE
Has anyone had success in getting discounted Hurtigruten fares by working with their travel agent? If so, what kind of discounts were you able to get.

Many thanks.
Old Aug 22, 2018, 5:59 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Platinum; Amex Plat; Four Seasons; Fairmont; HH; etc.; "Retirees-In-Training"
Originally Posted by 747FC
Has anyone had success in getting discounted Hurtigruten fares by working with their travel agent? If so, what kind of discounts were you able to get.

Many thanks.
Sorry this is quite late, but on CruiseCritic (Hurtigruten sub-forum) there has been some discussion about booking using the Norwegian website. Last comment was that it was about 2/3 the cost or such.
We haven't tried that, but when we book another with them, we'll try it, or have our TA try it. (He is frequently in Europe, so it might even be easier for him. OTOH, once we make a decision, we usually want specific accommodations to be held right away, especially if there aren't multiples of similar.)

GC
Old Sep 26, 2018, 1:03 pm

Programs: Mucci Des Oeufs Brouilles et des Canards
Originally Posted by 747FC

Many thanks.
I got a "discounted" fare by going to Hurtigruten.no and saved £900 between 2 of us on a mini-suite. Part of it was down to a stronger pound at that time compared to when the brochure came out : prices fixed apparently a set time according the T&Cs - sometimes it pays to read the fine print Because of this curiosity I went to Hurtigruten.no and realised that they were doing a 20% off promo for the "local" market. That didn't stop me booking.

One side issue was when I called the UK number, they had to transfer me to the Norwegian team to deal with my query. Emails came in Norwegian but there are enough free translating tools around to work it out. No problems on board.
JDiver and 747FC like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.