Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Cruises
Reload this Page >

Anyone use Luggage Forward?

Old Aug 25, 17, 10:52 am
Original Poster

Programs: Pt: UA; Au: AA, Marriott, Hilton; Ex-HA Pt (now not), GE

Luggage Forward is a service that ships your luggage and delivers them to/from your cruise ship stateroom. They claim to guarantee on-time delivery or up to $500 per bag plus refund of fees. Of course, the exclusions include weather, mechanical, and customs. The fees are enormous, with my HNL-EZE pricing at $384 per standard size bag

Anyone use the service and can provide a report?
Old Aug 25, 17, 10:57 am

Programs: AA: EXPLT, BD: SILVER, GOLDPOINTS+: SILVER, MARRIOTT: SILVER, ICH: RA
I've never used luggage forward but have used sendmybag.com from the UK to US and US to the UK. They don't deliver to the ship but if you have a hotel the night before they'll deliver there.

Always an excellent service but you would have to get the luggage from the hotel to the ship. Hope this helps.
Old Aug 27, 17, 10:53 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVPG Hilton Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Crystal Society Diamond
Two years ago we used "Luggage Free" to get our bags to a cruise. It worked beautifully. They were in our room when we arrived.
Old Aug 31, 17, 11:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Earned status with AA, DL, SPG, HH, Hyatt, Marriott, Seabourn, NCL, National, Hertz...I miss my bed!
I've used them twice. Once "to" and once "from". Both were more than satisfactory experiences. I would not use them on EVERY trip but under specific circumstances (like the ones where I tried them), I'd have no hesitation again!

http://jetsettershomestead.boardingarea.com/2017/03/18/baggage-problems/
Old Aug 31, 17, 1:09 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Pt: UA; Au: AA, Marriott, Hilton; Ex-HA Pt (now not), GE
Thanks, everyone, for your insights!
Old Dec 30, 17, 3:09 am

Programs: DL SkyMiles, RCCL CAS D+, B6 TrueBlue, VX eleVAte, HHonors, SPG, AAdvantage, andAS MilagePlan.
I would check with your cruise line to see if they have a similar service. I normally cruise with Royal Caribbean and it varies port to port. If you get the airport to cruise transfer they'll send the bag to your stateroom. You drop off your bag at the bus when you board or at the cruise check in desk at the airport and they'll take it all the way to your room. As for post cruise, it varies. In some port they'll offer the service for a fee where they'll send the bag from the ship to your flight and you can pick it up at baggage claim. In Seattle the service is free. I think the most I've seen was $25 for the service. Some ports even have airline check in at the port where you can just check in, check your bag, and get your boarding pass like if you're at the airport.