Wiki Posts
Search

Miami-Caribbean

Search this Thread

Old Apr 28, 2015, 8:11 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Miami-Caribbean

Hi guys! I would like to make a Caribbean cruise with Norwegian Cruise Line. My family and I we are very excited to do this trip in July. Has anybody made good or bad experiences with this Cruise Line?
Old Apr 28, 2015, 8:51 pm

Welcome to Flyer Talk,
For the best advice, please log onto Cruise Critic. It is a long standing web site dedicated to every aspect of cruising you might be interested in.
There is no fee for joining. There are forums for individual cruise lines, destinations boards, Roll Calls for cruises by cruise line, ship and sailing date. There are forums dedicated to new cruisers, cruising with children, and on and on.
If you read the directions you will find it very simple to use. Almost every forum has stickys at the top with very pertinent information. This is especially true for the cruise air forum on the Discussions boards.
Cruise Critic makes planning any cruise far more enjoyable.
Old Apr 29, 2015, 1:43 pm

Agree with the cruisecritic suggestion. NCL has a new ship coming out and it will be doing Miami Carib cruises this summer. I think it's called Breakaway - not sure.
Old Apr 29, 2015, 2:57 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold, Hyatt Platinum,Marriott Silver,Hilton Honors Gold
NCL is garbage, Getaway is their Miami year round ship. You are much better off with Royal Caribbean's Oasis of the Seas from Fort Lauderdale

Worldspan
135 cruises strong
Old Apr 29, 2015, 3:01 pm

Programs: TK *G, Spirit Gold, Marriott Plat, Hilton HHonors Gold, Amex Plat, Chase SR
Originally Posted by Linda VH
Agree with the cruisecritic suggestion. NCL has a new ship coming out and it will be doing Miami Carib cruises this summer. I think it's called Breakaway - not sure.
I think you may be referring to the NCL Escape. It will be a gargantuan Miami-based vessel, but will not enter service until October. I was on the Breakaway in a Haven Suite in January and had a fantastic time. Agree with the other suggestions to ask any cruise-related questions on CruiseCritic as they are the experts.
Old Apr 29, 2015, 3:49 pm

Programs: Aadvantage Gold
Originally Posted by worldspan
NCL is garbage, Getaway is their Miami year round ship. You are much better off with Royal Caribbean's Oasis of the Seas from Fort Lauderdale

Worldspan
135 cruises strong
We love NCL. We've done 15 cruises (including 4 Caribbean) NCL usually in a suite and have never had a bad cruise. Our next booked cruise is S America, Valparaiso to Buenos Aires in Nov.
Old May 4, 2015, 8:20 pm

Getaway

Come on, Norwegian's new ships (Getaway & Breakaway) are a good experience--the entertainment is good, the ships are new and lots of individual restaurants, etc. There are cruisedeals for families:

http://shop.cruisedeals.com/cs/Forms...32877%2c332878
Old May 10, 2015, 5:19 pm

Programs: AA, SPG
I just got off the Getaway yesterday and it was by far the nicest ship I've been on. You never waited around, plenty to do, and the ship is beautiful. You will have a great time.

I've done 8 NCL cruises and no matter your ship, you can't go wrong.
Old May 11, 2015, 3:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by safra1
ask any cruise-related questions on CruiseCritic as they are the experts.
FT and CC are venues.
Both are heavily moderated to protect advertisers.
Some posters are knowledgeable. Some aren't.
YMMV.
Old May 12, 2015, 7:38 am

Cruise critic accurately depicts the different cruise lines from the demographics, cabin descriptions, etc. We have friends who regularly sail NCL and have a great time. We have lately been sailing Regent but if friends asked us to go on NCL with them we would. We just know it would be a different experience.
Old May 18, 2015, 8:52 pm

Programs: AA Exec Plat, HH Lifetime Diamond, Hyatt Diamond, Marrriott Silver, SPG, National Exec Elite
Cruise critic is definitely the way to go for your info. Sounds like you are set on NCL; is this due to recommendations from others or itinerary? Just curious; lots of ships sailing and many varied itineraries. NCL has the freestyle dining which some love and some hate, although other ships are moving this way as well.
Old May 26, 2015, 6:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Acapulco - Gold, Panama - Red, Timothy Leary 8 Mile High Club
We just got back from a 4 day Bahamas cruise on NCL out of Miami. Previously we had only sailed with Royal Caribbean. A lot has changed in the 10 years since we had last cruised but IMO cruising is still a bargain. We had a great time and really like the freestyle dining with NCL. No more designated dinner time or sharing a table with strangers you may or may not like. We met people elsewhere, at games, on excursions, in the bars. Some we got on with and hung out with later. Some we avoided. The shows and comedian were quite good. The food was alright. You are never at a loss over what to do, even if it means reading in a lounge chair with a beer by your side. I am ready to book another with NCL for December, so they must be doing something right.
Old Jun 4, 2015, 12:44 pm

Location: Belfast, N.Ireland. I'm also username WEEBOBBY (350+ posts), depending on whether I log in through Facebook or email.
Programs: Various - IHG Royal Ambassador, Starwood, DavidO fanclub etc
Cruise critic for all your info

Just booked the NCL Getaway for later this month out of Miami

Used VivaVoyage

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.