Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Royal Caribbean Conciege Lounge

Search this Thread

Old Nov 28, 2014, 9:34 pm
Original Poster

Royal Caribbean Conciege Lounge

We are just back from a seven day cruise on Royal Caribbean's Freedom of the Seas.

Read about the perks for the suite guests and decided to give it a try. Our opinion is that it was worth the extra cost with the exception of the Concierge Lounge. Every evening during the cocktail hours it was crowded with Diamond+ and Pinnacle (could tell by their pins) members of the Crown and Anchor Society. They gathered in large groups, rearranged the furniture, carried on in a loud and boisterous manner from start to finish. Suite guests were frequently faced with standing room only.

We would like to continue with Royal Caribbean but would like to hear if the same situation is evident on other RCL ships We realize that few people adhere to the recommended dress codes but we would appreciate a more civilized atmosphere in the Concierge Lounge.
Old Dec 3, 2014, 1:37 pm

We have had several different experiences in the Concierge Lounges (when we sailed with RCL - we now do Regent). First time was subdued and we ate alot of canapes as the food on the ship was meh. Second time was a little busier and 3rd time was a huge party. You either got in on it or it made you crazy the way it, apparently, did you. Depends on who the concierge is and how vigilant he/she is as well. The bigger parties usually bring in ineligible guests with no repercussions.
Old Dec 8, 2014, 5:00 pm

Programs: AA Gold; HH Gold
It really depends on the ship and time of year. We've sailed in suites 4 times and have had varying experiences.
Old Dec 15, 2014, 6:23 pm

Programs: AA GLD (1MM), DL GLD, Marriott Plat, RCL D+, X Elite
As stated, it depends on the ship, the itinerary and even time of year. I've been on ships where the lounge is shockingly quiet, and others (last week on Quantum of the Seas) where the lounge was packed. I've always managed to find a seat though. If things get really out of hand, they've been known to open up an overflow lounge.
Old Dec 16, 2014, 4:44 pm

Programs: BA SIL, WN A, UA SIL, Marriott TIT (LT), Hilton DIA
Have you considered Celebrity?

suite guests get their own dining room, beginning in april 2015.

Also all suite guests, except Sky suites, get access to Michaels club, with free booze. Much more private, quiet and intimate than the RCCL elite lounges.

Also, i think it is pretty funny that people actually wear their elite pins. Who really cares???
Old Dec 16, 2014, 7:15 pm

Programs: Up there, Route 36 LaPaz Diamond
Originally Posted by nachosdelux
Also, i think it is pretty funny that people actually wear their elite pins. Who really cares???

The same types of people who post that they are AA EXP, UA 1K, US SIL, Marriott Plat Prem/LTP, Hyatt DIA, Hilton Gold, SPG Gold......???
Old Dec 17, 2014, 11:14 am

Programs: BA SIL, WN A, UA SIL, Marriott TIT (LT), Hilton DIA
Originally Posted by CarolinaCoopers

The same types of people who post that they are AA EXP, UA 1K, US SIL, Marriott Plat Prem/LTP, Hyatt DIA, Hilton Gold, SPG Gold......???
One is an anonymous internet board.

The other is a social gathering.

I'm not criticizing those that wear the pins, I just think it's funny.
Old Dec 17, 2014, 2:54 pm

Now I'm inspired to find my Diamond Plus pin. Not wear it, just find it.
Old Dec 23, 2014, 1:45 am

try NCL for Suites

Yes, overcrowding in the Concierge Lounge is a real problem on many Royal ships. In recent years, the number of Diamond Plus members have ballooned. Having access to the Concierge Lounge is a very big perk for Diamond Plus members and I think they will use it, every evening, in large groups.

Where does this leave suite guests? Out in the cold.

Well, if you can afford to stay in suites, there are many choices for you, across the different mass market lines.

We are Royal Diamond but most recently sailed on NCL Jade, as a suite guest. We loved it!

I am in the process of posting a detailed review on the cruise critic forum. Maybe I should re-post my review on FlyerTalk forum as well.
Old Dec 23, 2014, 7:55 am

Concierge crowding can be itinerary dependent. It is an issue, and frankly, I wouldn't be surprised if RCL removes concierge lounge access for Diamond Plus members in the near term. Soon, all of the ships will have Diamond Lounges, and when those refits are complete, I don't think it will be long before Diamond Plus are there if they aren't booked in a suite. Oasis will introduce this concept soon with a lounge specifically for suite guests and Pinnacle members.

While I very much enjoy concierge lounge access, I have to tell you that during my Quantum of the Seas cruise earlier this month I thought to myself - if I were a suite guest and walked in this lounge to find this kind of crowd, I'd be a little less than pleased.

All of this, of course, is just my opinion....with the exception of the changes on Oasis of the Seas.
Old Dec 23, 2014, 8:04 am

Originally Posted by MJonTravel
Concierge crowding can be itinerary dependent. It is an issue, and frankly, I wouldn't be surprised if RCL removes concierge lounge access for Diamond Plus members in the near term. Soon, all of the ships will have Diamond Lounges, and when those refits are complete, I don't think it will be long before Diamond Plus are there if they aren't booked in a suite. Oasis will introduce this concept soon with a lounge specifically for suite guests and Pinnacle members.

While I very much enjoy concierge lounge access, I have to tell you that during my Quantum of the Seas cruise earlier this month I thought to myself - if I were a suite guest and walked in this lounge to find this kind of crowd, I'd be a little less than pleased.

All of this, of course, is just my opinion....with the exception of the changes on Oasis of the Seas.
I agree with your views. I think D+ would likely be 'kicked out' of the Concierge Lounge sooner or later.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.