Wiki Posts
Search

Issue with Princess Transfers

Search this Thread

Old Aug 1, 2013, 9:24 am
Original Poster

Programs: HHonors Diamond, Delta Plat, National Executive

Has anyone had any success in dealing with customer relations after you cruise to get a refund of transfers provided by Princess?

I was not going to purchase a transfer from cruise line and I was going to get from ship to hotel via train/taxi/hotel shuttle to save some money at end of cruise. However the ship was offering a direct transfer to my hotel in Rome and eventhough it was expensive I thought the lack of stress would be worth being taken directly to hotel. When I got the disembarkation information, I asked passenger services because it said my group was going to train station. I was specifically told that after dropping off at train station, they would then take me to hotel. Well, after getting on correct bus, I was told, bus driver was only taking folks to train station and we would be on our own from there. There at least two other parties in similar situations.

I have emailed customer relations asking for a refund, but the automated email said it could take a couple of weeks before I hear back from them. I would really like to get a refund for the basically worthless transfer, other than that issue the cruise was fantastic.
Old Aug 1, 2013, 10:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by JayRich
the cruise was fantastic.
Disembarkation port/date?
Old Aug 1, 2013, 11:06 am
In Memoriam

Programs: ua prem exec, Former hilton diamond
Other than waiting a couple of weeks (or having your agent push it though if you used a travel agent) for them to make a decision there is little else you can do. Just wait and see what they say.
Old Aug 6, 2013, 11:21 am
Original Poster

Cithivecca rome July 23 sorry for spelling
Old Aug 6, 2013, 11:24 am
Original Poster

Update after travel agent talked to them they would only give me 50 per person credit to me they don't drop folks off at hotels. I also sent a strongly worded email about what was told to me so they did agree to refund transfer also got to keep credit so overall pleased with result
Old Aug 6, 2013, 11:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by JayRich
Update after travel agent talked to them they would only give me 50 per person credit to me they don't drop folks off at hotels. I also sent a strongly worded email about what was told to me so they did agree to refund transfer also got to keep credit so overall pleased with result
Congrats for getting Princess/Carnival to do the right thing.

BTW did you share your total experience via a CruiseCritic passenger review?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.