What is the Fee and Booking Agency Pays CruiseCompete

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

What is the Fee and Booking Agency Pays CruiseCompete

Search this Thread

Old Jul 7, 2012, 12:57 am

Originally Posted by tcook052
Not anymore Canival doesn't according to a press release issued today, a portion of which I'll paste here:

Today marks an important step in Carnival's commitment to ensuring that all travel partners have the equal ability to sell the Carnival product at the same great rate. Nearly two years ago, we introduced a popular revision to our Advertised Price Policy, which ensured a level playing field for all agents. Following our 2010 policy change, we continued to hear from many partners that they saw the ongoing value-adds in the marketplace as excessive and another form of rebating and Carnival was encouraged to revisit our policy once again. We are proud to announce that effective August 1, 2012, we will take this commitment one step further by revising our value-add policy.

With this revised policy, value-add booking incentives may only be non-cash equivalent items and have a value equal to or less than USD 25 per passenger. The policy applies not only to advertising, but to all forms of communication, including in-person, phone or any other means. Our former policy allowed non cash-equivalent value-adds that were less than five percent of the Complete Cruise Fare or USD 25 (whichever was greater). In addition, it allowed for cash-equivalent value-adds that were less than 10% of the Complete Cruise Fare (with approved marketing plans).

Sounds good for TA's and bad for customers. Although I have to say I wasn't aware that their old policy allowed for such a large amount of "incentives". Do you happen to know what Royal Caribbean's official policy is?
Old Jul 8, 2012, 9:18 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: HH Silver
Originally Posted by DanJ
Sounds good for TA's and bad for customers.
Not necessarily. Consumers not as net savy will now benefit from knowing they aren`t going to get beat on price by some online discounter rebating some of their commission.

Airlines started this trend several years ago virtually eliminating the gap between their `published` fares and what consolidators were allowed to sell in a bid to drive more traffic to their own sites and making selling anciliary products (seat assign, buy-on board meals, lounge access, etc) much easier. Canival driving more of its business to direct sales channels also in the long run isn`t good for TA`s so what TA`s gain in a level playing field without massive discounting they will likely lose in more bookings going directly to Carnival.

Although I have to say I wasn't aware that their old policy allowed for such a large amount of "incentives". Do you happen to know what Royal Caribbean's official policy is?
RCL & Celebrity also has banned rebating, advertising or otherwise selling below direct pricing.
Old Jul 12, 2012, 8:36 am

Sounds as if there will be no point in a consumer booking with a TA anymore if the price offered by all TA's is the same as what is advertised on Carnival's website. Why deal with a 'middleman' if there is no incentive?
Old Jul 12, 2012, 10:10 pm

Originally Posted by dmwalker
Sounds as if there will be no point in a consumer booking with a TA anymore if the price offered by all TA's is the same as what is advertised on Carnival's website. Why deal with a 'middleman' if there is no incentive?
Well, for me, and as I said in the Carnival thread, I like knowing part of my money is staying in my community. If Carnival would like me to cut out the middleman, then they can provide me an incentive to do so.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.