Wiki Posts
Search

Singapore to Australia Cruise?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 28, 2010, 8:12 am
Original Poster

Singapore to Australia Cruise?

Hi all,

I start an exciting adventure in Nov 2011, traveling from London UK to Australia without taking any flights.

Ive sorted every part except the last leg from Asia to Australia. Does anyone know of any cruises from Singapore or anywhere in south east asia?

Any help muchly appreciated!
Old Nov 28, 2010, 9:45 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold, HH Diamond, IC Ambassador, SPG Gold
Do you know what month you'd be sailing from Singapore to Australia? There are a few cruise ships that do this route, but it's not offered all year-round.

I know that Seabourn Spirit is doing this route (Singapore to Cairns, Australia) twice in early 2011 (January 12 and February 3).

Silversea's Silver Shadow also sometimes travels from Singapore to Sydney. In 2011, it looks like the ship is running this route on December 6.

Princess offers a few cruises from Singapore to Sydney, as does Regent Seven Seas.

P&O sails from Singapore to Sydney, Melbourne, and Brisbane.

Orion Expeditions, an Australian cruise company, may do this route but I don't have their catalog handy.
Old Nov 28, 2010, 3:56 pm

Programs: DL, CO, Hilton, SPG
You should look into catching a ride on a freighter. It could be interesting, especially if they have any other ports of call along the way where you could spend a day or two in the port city while they unload/load.
Old Nov 29, 2010, 3:51 pm
Original Poster

It will be December 2011 when I get to south east Asia, ive emailed a few freighters but would prefer something offical and secure. Might also need to prove Im moving out of the country etc
Old Nov 30, 2010, 10:38 am

The Singapore-Sydney route is generally part of a world cruise and, as others have mentioned, is not operated year-round.

Holland America, Princess Cruises, Fred Olsen & P&O are amongst those lines that offer world cruises, but they will typically vary the exact routes of these each year to attract new customers.

Silversea looks to be the only line operating that specific route in Dec 2011 and it would certainly be a very comfortable way to arrive in Australia!!
http://www.choosingcruising.co.uk/cr...=Silver+Shadow

If you can wait until January, you've got a bit more choice...
Regent Seven Seas - Seven Seas Voyager. SIN/SYD 5th Jan
Voyages of Discovery - Discover. MNL/SYD 21st Jan
P&O - Oriana. SIN/SYD 30th Jan

Good luck with the search.

Mark

Last edited by mjgodden; Nov 30, 2010 at 10:41 am Reason: additional info
Old Nov 30, 2010, 1:12 pm
Original Poster

Thanks, thats very helpful. The P&O one would have been perfect as its in my price range, unfortunetley its now full for solo travelers :-( ill keep trying the freighters.
Old Dec 8, 2010, 12:10 pm

Programs: AA Gold; SPG: Gold:
Dear friends of mine did the Singapore-Australia cruise last nov/dec on Holland America. They just loved it. If you decide to do it and want more personal info, let me know.
Old Dec 14, 2010, 6:39 pm

Programs: Delta, United, HAL Mariners Society-3 star, Travel Century Club Member (102 countries visited)
Originally Posted by 4Health
You should look into catching a ride on a freighter. It could be interesting, especially if they have any other ports of call along the way where you could spend a day or two in the port city while they unload/load.
Freighters now can unload in a matter of hours; not days so that may not be a good way to go afterall anymore. Used to be wonderful before containers and high port costs - they want to get in an out fast.

Holland America Lines and Princess Cruise Lines have SEA cruises that could work, if you want a traditional, but lower priced cruise line making their way around this part of the world -- but maybe not at the schedule that works for you. http://www.hollandamerica.com/find-c...de=advertising

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.