Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Credit Card Programs
Reload this Page >

How good is the Travelocity credit card? [Originally Mastercard, now Amex]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

How good is the Travelocity credit card? [Originally Mastercard, now Amex]

Search this Thread

Old Mar 30, 2012, 1:15 pm

Programs: Fairmont Lifetime Platinum, Hyatt Globalist, AA Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by czarinalex
My continuing saga with getting credit for points redemption for airline tickets.... I finally see a point redemption and credit on my account. Except I redeemed 60,000 points for $1200. and they only credited 20K points for $400.
They are insisting that I only redeemed 20K points on the tickets. I think I did the full amount(why wouldn't I.. I had the points) but I can't be 100% positive. Maybe I had a senior moment.
My question.... when you book car rental... it redeems the points and gives you credit but you actually pay at the desk. Has anyone booked a car rental, received the credit and then cancelled the car rental. Is there a check back to your account and a reversal of the points/credit?
I need to get those points redeemed/credit for this trip if it kills me!
TIA for all your help. I don't post often(actually not at all).. but I found out about this card from this thread way back when it was started and most of time it's a great card!
As long as the car companies are willing to cancel the reservation, why not try it? There is no downside and the upside is that you get your original points redeemed.
Old Mar 30, 2012, 5:23 pm

Programs: HHonors Gold, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by czarinalex
My continuing saga with getting credit for points redemption for airline tickets.... I finally see a point redemption and credit on my account. Except I redeemed 60,000 points for $1200. and they only credited 20K points for $400.
They are insisting that I only redeemed 20K points on the tickets. I think I did the full amount(why wouldn't I.. I had the points) but I can't be 100% positive. Maybe I had a senior moment.
My question.... when you book car rental... it redeems the points and gives you credit but you actually pay at the desk. Has anyone booked a car rental, received the credit and then cancelled the car rental. Is there a check back to your account and a reversal of the points/credit?
I need to get those points redeemed/credit for this trip if it kills me!
TIA for all your help. I don't post often(actually not at all).. but I found out about this card from this thread way back when it was started and most of time it's a great card!
Actually, I do have a data point for this.

I redeemed points for a car rental and then accidentally charged the rental to a different card (i.e. not my Travelocity card) when I picked up the car.

The initial point redemption was back on Feb. 12 for a car rental running from 3/6/12 - 3/13/12. My billing cycle ended on Mar 16th. So far there has been no charge-back to my card. Obviously it's probably still to early to say for certain, but so far so good.
Old Mar 30, 2012, 6:53 pm

Probably works but I wouldn't make a habit of it.

Plus you get your best redemptions in $400 dollar redemptions aka 20k points. $400 dollar car rentals dont happen too often for most people.
Old Apr 5, 2012, 10:37 am

Has anyone noticed this....

It used to be that as soon as pending activity was clear and showed up as a balance on my card, I could then pay that balance. Now it looks like i can't pay the balance on the card until the next bill.

For example, my card has a $5000 balance on it right now, but I can only pay $3200 of it. The other $1800 was charged this month and I can't seem to pay for it online. I used to pay my card off pretty much twice a week and now I can't do that?

I don't want to be charged interest if I have to wait for the next bill.

Anyone else have this issue?
Old Apr 5, 2012, 12:45 pm

Originally Posted by ethanwa

It used to be that as soon as pending activity was clear and showed up as a balance on my card, I could then pay that balance. Now it looks like i can't pay the balance on the card until the next bill.

For example, my card has a $5000 balance on it right now, but I can only pay $3200 of it. The other $1800 was charged this month and I can't seem to pay for it online. I used to pay my card off pretty much twice a week and now I can't do that?

This is a good question. My understanding was that the grace period for purchases always started at the end of the cycle. This poster thinks it starts at the day of the purchase. Which is correct?

(OP, I have not tried recently. Barclays finally raised my limit to a point where I could pay once a month without maxing out the card.)
Old Apr 5, 2012, 1:44 pm

Programs: Fairmont Lifetime Platinum, Hyatt Globalist, AA Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by ethanwa

I scheduled a large online payment today to pay off almost all of my balance before the statement closes on 4/11. I wanted to bring down the balance before the closing date so that I could charge something else. My normal autopayment for the previous statement balance is still scheduled for 4/8.

As long as you don't carry a balance from month to month, you have an interest-free grace period after the statement closes until the due date. If your only concern is interest then I wouldn't worry.
Old Apr 5, 2012, 6:48 pm

Originally Posted by bluto
I scheduled a large online payment today to pay off almost all of my balance before the statement closes on 4/11. I wanted to bring down the balance before the closing date so that I could charge something else. My normal autopayment for the previous statement balance is still scheduled for 4/8.

As long as you don't carry a balance from month to month, you have an interest-free grace period after the statement closes until the due date. If your only concern is interest then I wouldn't worry.
Interest was my main concern, so that's good, but I did like the ability to be able to charge large amounts per month and just clear it as needed to build up my points. I'll clear my card this month and see if I have the same issues next month.
Old Apr 7, 2012, 6:55 am
g50

Programs: DL DM 2MM, AA LTP, Hyatt Globalist, FB Plat
Finally it appears that the airline redemption is working.

Last night my account cycled and I had three credits. One was from 3 tickets that I book a few weeks ago. I had emailed them Thursday afternoon requesting a credit.

But the other two I booked Thursday night and Friday morning received credits without requesting credit by email. Nether of those charges have posted yet. They are still temporary authorizations.

I guess it is possible that Barclays noticed the other two charges when they where reviewing my request for the first credit.

Clicking on the "+ box" next to the charge. All three credits this cycle have merchant location #'s. My requested credits last cycle did not. I think those were manually entered. Barclays could not even tell me what the credits were for.

Looks like we might have to wait until our cycle date.
Old Apr 10, 2012, 1:28 am

I made a purchase in February and called Barclays to redeem points afterwards, as instructed by Travelocity support. Barclays seemed like they were going to do it, but told me to wait 1-2 statements for the credit. Still no credit, so I email Barclays again asking for it. Now they tell me I need to mail/fax them proof that I made the purchase online, as points can only be redeemed for online purchases!

(Obviously, I did make the purchases online.)

What a joke this card is.
Old Apr 10, 2012, 7:48 am

Originally Posted by hellothere
I made a purchase in February and called Barclays to redeem points afterwards, as instructed by Travelocity support. Barclays seemed like they were going to do it, but told me to wait 1-2 statements for the credit. Still no credit, so I email Barclays again asking for it. Now they tell me I need to mail/fax them proof that I made the purchase online, as points can only be redeemed for online purchases!

(Obviously, I did make the purchases online.)

What a joke this card is.
It never takes 1-2 statements. If that ever happens again hang up and call back.
Old Apr 11, 2012, 4:32 am

Programs: Delta Platinum, HH Diamond
I purchased a flight yesterday, and redeemed points online. The travel credit showed up on my online account today, even before the charge posted.^
Old Apr 11, 2012, 3:40 pm

Originally Posted by budblab
I purchased a flight yesterday, and redeemed points online. The travel credit showed up on my online account today, even before the charge posted.^
That's encouraging ^
Old Apr 12, 2012, 10:52 am

So where and when exactly are these points supposed to show up? I just tried with a hotel and a car and i could not see redeem points anywhere on the travelocity site.

Just wondering how this is to work. The barclay site shows i have 20k points but i do not see any of those points on travelocity anywhere, checkout or myaccount.
Old Apr 12, 2012, 4:05 pm

Programs: UA*G
My recent experience was that on Firefox I was not able to view and use my points on travelocity.com with my linked travelocity amex card at the same time on Google chrome I was able to view and use points the points was instantly deducted and a credit appeared on my account for $400 overnight
Old Apr 14, 2012, 2:49 pm

Originally Posted by redhotlama
So where and when exactly are these points supposed to show up? I just tried with a hotel and a car and i could not see redeem points anywhere on the travelocity site.

Just wondering how this is to work. The barclay site shows i have 20k points but i do not see any of those points on travelocity anywhere, checkout or myaccount.
First, have you created an account on Travelocity? If not, I recommend you do that.

Once you create an account (or if you already have one), add your TravelocityRewards card as the primary payment method in your account.

Once you do that, there's a good chance the points will appear when you're at the payment screen (i.e. the screen where you enter the card number to be charged), though some people have been complaining that they still can't see this.

If you've already done this, it's time to e-mail tech support.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.