Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Credit Card Programs
Reload this Page >

How good is the Travelocity credit card? [Originally Mastercard, now Amex]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

How good is the Travelocity credit card? [Originally Mastercard, now Amex]

Search this Thread

Old Jan 22, 2012, 4:34 pm

Programs: DL
Originally Posted by bluto
I just noticed the email confirmation does not mention the $400 credit like it used to. I did take screenshots of the checkout process and confirmation page, which does mention the $400 credit. So odd.

This is exactly what happened to me the other day Bluto! I should have taken screen shots since my $400 credit still has not posted. Let me know if it does on your end or if you have to end up calling the customer service desk to get your credit to post. If you do have to call, please let us know the process you had to go through (documentation/explanation/etc), since I have a feeling I will need to do this.

Last edited by BC300; Jan 22, 2012 at 4:44 pm
Old Jan 22, 2012, 6:42 pm

I still haven't seen any points displayed even once. Biggest POS rewards program I've seen so far, even if the earning potential is pretty good.

I got an email saying my help ticket was elevated to the technical people, but nothing further. Also called in and put on hold for 20 min before giving up.

I guess I'll give it another few months of waiting for travelocity to realize there is a major problem and hopefully it will work.
Old Jan 22, 2012, 9:36 pm
RLG

Programs: Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, AA Plat, UA Silver, AS MVP, HA premier
Originally Posted by drbobguy
I still haven't seen any points displayed even once. Biggest POS rewards program I've seen so far, even if the earning potential is pretty good.
Do you go to travelocity through a rebate portal like ebates or one of the mileage malls? If so, that could be the problem. I can reliably make the points usage option disappear by using a rebate portal.
Old Jan 23, 2012, 1:26 am

Originally Posted by RLG
Do you go to travelocity through a rebate portal like ebates or one of the mileage malls? If so, that could be the problem. I can reliably make the points usage option disappear by using a rebate portal.
Nope, I don't use any rebate portals (not even registered) so I don't think that's the problem. I tried another browser and it still didn't work. I'm on a mac though so I guess I'll try IE on a PC sometime to see if it works.
Old Jan 23, 2012, 8:52 am

Programs: Fairmont Lifetime Platinum, Hyatt Globalist, AA Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by BC300
This is exactly what happened to me the other day Bluto! I should have taken screen shots since my $400 credit still has not posted. Let me know if it does on your end or if you have to end up calling the customer service desk to get your credit to post. If you do have to call, please let us know the process you had to go through (documentation/explanation/etc), since I have a feeling I will need to do this.
My $400 credit did not post even though my purchase has shown up on my online account. The only bright side is that my travelocity points are still there, so I don't have to go about getting those back. So, in theory, I should be able to use those some day in the future.

I have not figured out my next step to get points to start posting. I doubt we're the only ones with this issue though.
Old Jan 24, 2012, 2:56 pm

Programs: DL
An Update

I e-mailed customer service regarding Step 3 (Redeeming Points) missing from the checkout process on Travelocity.com and here is their response:

Dear BC300 :

Thank you for contacting us regarding your Travelocity Rewards American Express Card. We can certainly address your concern regarding your account.

We understand your concern and apologize if you have received anything less than superior service from us. We strive for excellence and appreciate the time you have taken to provide us with this feedback. We will ensure that your comments are forwarded to the appropriate department.

Please know that we are aware of this issue and we are currently working on this issue to be resolved. We ask that you just continue to use your Travelocity Rewards American Express Card during the check out. You will just need to contact us so we can create a case regarding the issue and forward it to the appropriate department for further review. Once a case has been submitted, please allow a maximum of 30 days for us to make all applicable adjustments on your account. We do understand the frustration of waiting for this issue to be resolved; however, we need to ask for your patience while we are working for the resolution.

If you have any other questions and concerns, please reply to this message.

Sincerely,

Customer Service

^: At least they are aware of the issue.
: How long will it take for them to resolve it and us having to avoid calling them to redeem points.
Old Jan 25, 2012, 10:58 am

Still waiting for response from Barclays and Travelocity

Be prepared to be on hold for hours with both Travelocity and/or Barclays. I have two cases filed with Travelocity and one with Barclays. To get the reps to finally listen and submit a case has been a time consuming and monumental endeavor. It has been 11 days since I filed and have not heard anything from either company. As for Barclays, I am attempting to have them credit my $700 purchase of airline tickets with $400 statement credit which is 20,000 points.
I will post if and when I get any response.
Old Jan 25, 2012, 1:46 pm

I just receved the following in an email from Travelocity:

It has recently come to our attention that there is a technical issue preventing Travelocity Rewards American Express Cardholders from redeeming points on flight purchases. We are working hard to resolve this issue and hope to have it fixed as soon as possible.

In the meantime, we will honor all redemptions via the manual process below. Please follow these steps:
• Book your travel using your Travelocity Rewards American Express Card on www.travelocity.com. If you have the option to use points on the billing page please attempt to do so. If not, please continue.
• Allow 48-72 hours for the transaction to post to your account. Visit www.mytravelocityrewards.com to check when the transaction has posted.
• Call Barclaycard Customer Care at 866-734-8040 and let the customer service agent know how many points you would like to redeem. He/she will manually credit your account.
• Note: if you have already attempted a redemption unsuccessfully, please call the number above and a customer service agent will process a manual credit.

Please be assured that your points and balance are safe. We apologize for this error and any inconvenience this may have caused you.

Sincerely,

Travelocity Team
Old Jan 25, 2012, 2:23 pm

++

I got the email today as well. I sent in a scathing evaluation yesterday from their automated survey asking how my customer service phone call went. At least all this complaining seems to have gotten someone higher up involved, let's hope it really does get resolved.
Old Jan 25, 2012, 8:53 pm

I sent several emails to Travelocity. Eventually they acknowledged my problem and told me to make a purchase, and then contact them for manual redemption. I made the purchase, and asked for a manual redemption. After a few messages I actually got someone who understood what I was talking about. I was told they would investigate and I should wait for a response. A week later, I inquired about the status of their investigation, and they told me it was still in progress. Today, almost two weeks after my request, I got this email from Travelocity:

It has recently come to our attention that there is a technical issue
preventing Travelocity Rewards American Express Cardholders from
redeeming points on flight purchases. We are working hard to resolve
this issue and hope to have it fixed as soon as possible.
In the meantime, we will honor all redemptions via the manual process
below. Please follow these steps:

Book your travel using your Travelocity Rewards American Express Card
on www.travelocity.com. If you have the option to use points on the
billing page please attempt to do so. If not, please continue.

Allow 48-72 hours for the transaction to post to your account. Visit
www.mytravelocityrewards.com to check when the transaction has posted.

Call Barclaycard Customer Care at 866-734-8040 and let the customer
service agent know how many points you would like to redeem. He/she
will manually credit your account.

Note: if you have already attempted a redemption unsuccessfully,
please call the number above and a customer service agent will process
a manual credit.
Please be assured that your points and balance are safe. We apologize
for this error and any inconvenience this may have caused you.
Sincerely,
Travelocity Team
I called Barclaycard and was able to get a manual redemption, unlike last time I tried. It will supposedly post in 7-10 business days. There may be an end in sight to this terrible experience.
Old Jan 25, 2012, 9:10 pm

Programs: Fairmont Lifetime Platinum, Hyatt Globalist, AA Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by aaronl
I called Barclaycard and was able to get a manual redemption, unlike last time I tried. It will supposedly post in 7-10 business days. There may be an end in sight to this terrible experience.
I called today and also got someone who seemed to be familiar with the email and the manual redemption process. I told her my points were never redeemed for a $400 credit. She said it should post in a week. The phone call took about 6-7 minutes including hold time and navigating the menu tree.
Old Jan 25, 2012, 9:28 pm

Redemption appears to have posted already. Finally done with this!
Old Jan 26, 2012, 9:16 am

Programs: HHonors Gold, SPG Gold
For everyone thinking about bailing-out on this card, I would recommend that you wait a bit longer and see if they can get these issues ironed out.

I typically redeem about $3k a year in rewards and have (honestly) had only one redemption option in the three years I've been dealing with Barclays/Travelocity.
Old Jan 27, 2012, 5:47 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Platinum-2 MM Starwood Plat,Delta DM
I bought two tickets a few weeks ago using points on the travelocity login (it did show use points) They charged my card for the tickets and have not posted the points transaction. I will call Monday to get this straight or there will be a big problem. This was a the first time I redeemed points for a flight. I followed all procedures and it showed use points for the tickets. I login now and you have no option to pay for any tickets using points which is the same issue as mentioned here. I never heard of a program like this that they cant get this stuff working. It makes no sense at all.

Rob
Old Jan 30, 2012, 2:02 pm

Is there a way to turn Travelocity Rewards points into cash?

I though I'd buy a refundable airline ticket with my points and then cancel the ticket, but every time I search for a refundable ticket on Travelocity, the policy details say the ticket is non-refundable at checkout, even though I know the same priced ticket purchased at the airlines website would indeed be refundable.

I called CS about this issue and whether the tickets are refundable and they were pretty useless, telling me that whatever the policy page says is what goes.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.