Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Credit Card Programs
Reload this Page >

Multiple CitiAdv. Business Cards -- Possible?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 18, 2007, 9:05 am
Original Poster

Anyone know if you can have an Advantage Business Mastercard AND Visa account to earn miles?

Last edited by cmjaffe; Jun 18, 2007 at 5:18 pm
Old Jun 18, 2007, 11:10 pm

Programs: AA LTP, UA, DL, HH, Marriott/SPG
Yes. I had both the AAdvantage business Visa and MC and earned miles on each of them. I recently merged them into one account.
Old Jun 20, 2007, 6:28 am

Programs: AA Gold, AMEX MR, BA, DL, SPG, UA, US, Hyatt Platinum
Yes, but you need to be careful on the application dates and wait to apply for a second card.

In April 2007, I applied and received for a Citi AAdvantage Business Mastercard. I met the mininum spending amount and got the 15,000 (not certain on the miles) bonus miles. I applied for the Citi AAdvantage Business Visa shortly thereafter. I was disapproved by letter referencing that I must wait 90 days (not certain, may have been 60 days) before applying for another BUSINESS card. Next month, I will reapply for the Citi AAdvantage Business Visa card.

My suggestion, apply for the many other Citi AAdvantage products that offer no fee first year cards with 15,000 to 20,000 bonus milies.
Old Jun 20, 2007, 1:22 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
The Terms and Conditions for each offer are posted online and say...

This offer is available only if the Business does not already have a CitiBusiness® Card and, within the previous 90 days, has not applied for or received a CitiBusiness® Card.

This offer is available only if the Business does not already have a CitiBusiness® / AAdvantage® Visa® and, within the previous 90 days, has not applied for or received a CitiBusiness® / AAdvantage® Visa®.

This offer is available only if the Business does not already have a CitiBusiness® / AAdvantage® MasterCard® and, within the previous 90 days, has not applied for or received a CitiBusiness® / AAdvantage® MasterCard®.

A literal side-by-side reading of the entire set means that a business cannot hold multiple accounts of the "identical" card and cannot apply again for 90 days after applying for the "identical" card. However, it looks as if the text has simply been created by replacing "Card" with the name of the specific product and that what Citi intends is that a business cannot hold more than one "identical" card and cannot apply for more than one "business" card in a 90 day period.
Old Jun 20, 2007, 2:17 pm

Programs: One Pass, BAEC, AA
Would anyone have a link for the VISA business card with $250 spend requirement - I know $750 new requirement is not really a large requirement, but $250 still better than $750
Old Jun 20, 2007, 2:44 pm

Programs: AS MVP, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by forextrader
Would anyone have a link for the VISA business card with $250 spend requirement - I know $750 new requirement is not really a large requirement, but $250 still better than $750
Here you go:

http://miles2.citicards.com/

Valid until June 30.
Old Jun 21, 2007, 12:12 am

Programs: One Pass, BAEC, AA
Originally Posted by Ripper3785
Here you go:

http://miles2.citicards.com/

Valid until June 30.
Thanks - I was trying to get the Business VISA card as I already have a Business Mastercard - your link only shows the M/C.

A couple of saved links I have for the VISA card are now showing $750 purchases to get the miles - if I have to , I will get that one - but if anyone has a $250 link for VISA, kindly appreciated.
Old Jul 8, 2007, 9:30 pm
Original Poster

Ripper...
The link for the $250 is still coming up now (July 8th) with the APR listed "as of July 1, 2007... yet the fine print for the bonus miles is stating valid through 6/30... wonder if it's "still good"? Right now I'm waiting for last "round" of bonus miles to post. AA seems to be updating accounts now so we'll see how the "family" has made out this month.
C

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.