Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Credit Card Programs
Reload this Page >

can a paid credit card bill be disputed within 59 days? Does Paying in full waive rig

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

can a paid credit card bill be disputed within 59 days? Does Paying in full waive rig

Search this Thread

Old Jun 8, 2007, 4:28 pm

So if I read this right, payment or lack thereof only impacts the amount which might be deemed paid for the disputed item, and therefore credited while the dispute is resolved. It does not impact the dispute itself-that's where I got confused since I couldn't see how it made someone's dispute position stronger.
Old Jun 8, 2007, 8:29 pm
Original Poster

I think that I have prevailed on all my disputes as I only make valid disputes.

If you prevail well after the 'thirty day deadline" then are you entitled to the $50 credit in addition to a reversal of the original charge?

It seems that they ALL take more than 30 days for final adjudication.

Moreover, I would think that the temporary credit during the process is sufficient to negate a "punitive" penalty for tardiness.

maybe that is why they give you the temp. credit?
Old Jun 9, 2007, 4:48 am
In memoriam

Originally Posted by writetorich
I think that I have prevailed on all my disputes as I only make valid disputes.

If you prevail well after the 'thirty day deadline" then are you entitled to the $50 credit in addition to a reversal of the original charge?
Let's hope that the credit card companies agree with you in the future as to the validity of your disputes. Since they lose money everytime a consumer prevails in a dispute, their incentive to see the consumer win is not very large. @:-)

As to time limits: the initial thirty days is the time they have to respond to your billing error LETTER once it is received by them and give you a temp credit. Then, they have, at most, 90 days from date they received your billing error letter to finally resolve the complaint. Again, there are some fairly complex rules about this which are often not followed.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.