Community
Wiki Posts
Search

What would flyertalk do?

Search this Thread

Old May 3, 2007, 9:12 am
Original Member
Original Poster

Programs: AAMM & PLT; UA Gold, DL Silver, Marriott LT Titanium Elite, Hilton Diamond, Hertz #1 Gold Club
Applying that to a rather larger trade line yields some cash....I was tempted to do it for various reasons, however, good sense wins out in the end.
Old May 3, 2007, 9:39 am

Programs: AA Plat, HH Gold, SPG Gold, HH Gold, Marriott Silver, Amex Plat, GlobalEntry, SW A-List Preferred
Originally Posted by jamflyer
Applying that to a rather larger trade line yields some cash....I was tempted to do it for various reasons, however, good sense wins out in the end.
I took out $80K with Citi and my credit score went up 5 points. I was quite surprised to say the least. Only reason I can think of is that the card was a World MasterCard and the credit limit wasn't getting reported before.

So I just took out another chunk, with BofA. I'm getting $400/month in interest (pre-tax). Well worth it for me. Now, if Chase would only cooperate and drop from 1.99% to 0%...

I'm keeping my wife's credit record squeaky clean, just in case though.
Old Jun 8, 2007, 9:22 am

Programs: AA Plat, HH Gold, SPG Gold, HH Gold, Marriott Silver, Amex Plat, GlobalEntry, SW A-List Preferred
An update... once the second large balance (90%+ of available credit) hit the credit report my score took a 40 point nose-dive. So looks like one is OK in the FICO algorithm but it goes nuts with multiple ones.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.