Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Credit Card Programs
Reload this Page >

How are PP Elite sign-up bonus points counted?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 15, 2007, 8:52 am
Original Poster

Are the 15K TYP bonus points you get when you sign up for the PP Elite card (as well as bonuses for other TYN cards sign-ups) counted as purchase points on your TY account so that these points can be matched with flying points in order to get your allowable total TY points to get tickets?
Old Jan 15, 2007, 10:17 am

I called and they said that they weren't matchable; mine just posted to the TY network right away.
Of course, the FT mantra-call again- might work here.
Old Jan 15, 2007, 1:23 pm
Suspended

Programs: AA-EXP (3.3MM), AAirpass, SQ-PPS Solitaire, DL-PM (.777MM), SPG-Plat, HH-D
Originally Posted by upgrader
Are the 15K TYP bonus points you get when you sign up for the PP Elite card (as well as bonuses for other TYN cards sign-ups) counted as purchase points on your TY account so that these points can be matched with flying points in order to get your allowable total TY points to get tickets?
in the other thread psychthobeposted:
http://flyertalk.com/forum/showthrea...=529921&page=9

"Of note, all bonuses (sign-up and select category) do count as purchase points and can match unused flight points."

so im assuming they are "matchable" once you accumulate 15,000 fly points. which would give you 30kTYN points. Pls alert if the above is not correct.
Old Jan 15, 2007, 1:24 pm

Programs: AA Plat, CO Gold
Historically they were matchable. I'm not sure if they still are, but I imagine they probably are.

artemis021, when you say they posted directly to your TY Network account, do you mean that they didn't even show up on your credit card account statement? If so, then they probably won't get matched. If you simply mean that they posted to your statement and then got transferred to your TY Network account, then they will get matched. Bonus points are counted as purchase points. Purchase points get transferred immediately regardless of whether you have flight points or not.
Old Jan 16, 2007, 7:18 am

Originally Posted by acf573
Historically they were matchable. I'm not sure if they still are, but I imagine they probably are.

artemis021, when you say they posted directly to your TY Network account, do you mean that they didn't even show up on your credit card account statement? If so, then they probably won't get matched. If you simply mean that they posted to your statement and then got transferred to your TY Network account, then they will get matched. Bonus points are counted as purchase points. Purchase points get transferred immediately regardless of whether you have flight points or not.
I'm not sure; I haven't even gotten my statement yet, it's a new account.
Old Jan 16, 2007, 7:25 am
Original Poster

I was hoping the bonuses counted as purchase points and thus, when transferred could be "matched" with the flying points. Looks like that is the case but if anyone gets contradictory evidence please let all of us interested FTers know ASAP. Logically, I don't know how they could be counted as anything else since they clearly aren't from flying and putting them in a third type of category which didn't match up with the flying points would seem to make them virtually useless as far as I can see. But credit card companies have been known to do illogical things at times.
Old Jan 16, 2007, 7:27 am

Actually, it seems for the elite card at least, they consider TY bonus points as purchase points, so they should be able to be matched.
This is not the first time I've been wrong.

Citi PremierPass® Card - Elite Level Terms and Conditions
• Unless you are participating in a limited-time promotional offer, as the Elite Level member ("you") of the Citi PremierPass® Card - Elite Level ("Card Account"), you will earn one ThankYouSM Select Spend Point ("ThankYou Select Spend Points") plus one ThankYou Purchase Point ("ThankYou Purchase Points") for every dollar spent on purchases made at supermarkets, drug stores, gas stations, and commuter transportation/ parking merchants (“Select Merchants”) and one ThankYou Purchase Point for every dollar spent on all other purchases. (Unless otherwise specified, all references to ThankYou Purchase Points include ThankYou Select Spend Points and ThankYou Special / Bonus Points.)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.