Community
Wiki Posts
Search

UAL Card limit

Search this Thread

Old Nov 23, 2004, 9:56 am
Original Poster

UAL Card limit

I saw the other day that United has removed my limit for miles earned on my credit card for the rest of the year. There are several big business expenses(80k or so) I can charge, if I'm willing to pay the clearance fee of around 1.8%. Our goal is always to redeem for international bus. class trips(160 to 240k miles per 2 tickets). Very expensive tickets if I buy them open market. Even better, the clearance fee becomes a business expense, thus pleasure travel becomes fully deductable.
I'm thinking of seeing if I can find someone to clear payments to vendors that don't accept VISA. Even at 2% this looks like a good deal to me. 2% of $240K gets me 2 bus. class to, say SOuth Africa or Micronesia for $4,800, and fully deductable, too. Coach tickets would probably cost that.
Am I missing something here?
Ajo

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.