Us Air Visa

Old Jun 30, 2004, 1:04 pm
Original Poster

Us Air Visa

Would anyone still get a US AIR VISA? I am hesitant to pay fee because of uncertainty of US AIR future but need a Visa because AMEX not accepted everywhere.I have a SPG.AMEX but would like a Visa or Mastercard to use for US AIR or DELTA miles.I would appreciate any suggestions.
Old Jul 1, 2004, 9:05 pm

Originally Posted by dibo50
Would anyone still get a US AIR VISA? I am hesitant to pay fee because of uncertainty of US AIR future but need a Visa because AMEX not accepted everywhere.I have a SPG.AMEX but would like a Visa or Mastercard to use for US AIR or DELTA miles.I would appreciate any suggestions.
Every few months people tend to think that the end is near for USAir. Granted, they are not in great financial condition, but neither are many of the other airlines. Although I would not hesitate to pick up a USAir Visa, you may want to take a look at the UAL Visa instead. They usually either offer a 20K mile enrollment bonus or a fee waiver and slightly less of a bonus. The reason I mentioned UAL is becuase they are a USAir partner and also a memeber of STAR. Although you can't pool the miles between the two airlines, you can fly on either one. With that said, the USAir Visa does offer some nice perks if you reularly travel on USAir so go for it.
Old Jul 11, 2004, 2:17 pm

Programs: DL-S,NW-S,*W-P,6C-Pl&RA
Similar problem

I have had a US Air visa for a very long time - back up for where Amex not taken. Primarily travel on Delta and American now. Considering a switch to United visa - any one have any comments?

My only hesitation is the conveninec of living in area with Bank of America - who is the sponsor for United visa?

Any good options for American vias or master card?
Old Jul 14, 2004, 5:26 pm

Originally Posted by PFKNC
I have had a US Air visa for a very long time - back up for where Amex not taken. Primarily travel on Delta and American now. Considering a switch to United visa - any one have any comments?

My only hesitation is the conveninec of living in area with Bank of America - who is the sponsor for United visa?

Any good options for American vias or master card?
First USA used to handle the United Visa. Now that their merger with Chase is complete, I have read that Chase will take over the credit cards.

American is serviced by Citibank.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.