Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New Deal on Quantum Master Card

Search this Thread

Old Nov 12, 2002, 1:38 pm
Original Poster

New Deal on Quantum Master Card

MBNA is now issuing their Quantum Master Card with the "Worldpoints" earning feature without an annual fee. Not sure if it is by invitation only. One of the few non-specific airline point earning cards that allows for international and 1st class travel.
Old Nov 12, 2002, 2:49 pm

I got targeted for one of these. I am currently a Platinum Plus MC holder. This card seems great. No fees and more benefits than the Plat+ Card. (i.e. No preset spending limit).

Can anyone see any drawbacks to it?
Old Nov 16, 2002, 6:59 am

This seems similar to the MBNA World Mastercard. Maybe MBNA will keep one of these (Quantum or World) and get rid of the other since most of the benefits overlap
Old Jan 16, 2003, 12:23 pm

BUMP.

Does anyone use this card regularly?

Has anyone redeemed any awards using the World Perks points?

I got one a few months ago and have been using it occasionally (most of my spend is on DL AMEX)...
Old Jan 17, 2003, 8:59 am

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by steve4:
This seems similar to the MBNA World Mastercard. Maybe MBNA will keep one of these (Quantum or World) and get rid of the other since most of the benefits overlap</font>
True! Many of MBNA travel cards have the same rewards programs. Some of them carry a fee and some do not. They had much richer programs up until a year ago, but they raised point levels and lowered maximum rates/fares. As such, I dropped my card and went back to the Starwood AmEx and MBNA Amtrak. The MBNA products do peak my interest becuase your are not locked into a single airline or hotel, but capping airfares at $400 can be quite limiting.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.