Community
Wiki Posts
Search

UAL Mileage Plus VIisa

Search this Thread

Old Jan 21, 2002, 8:16 pm
Original Poster

UAL Mileage Plus VIisa

Does anyone know the max a non united member can get mileage wise?
Old Jan 21, 2002, 8:46 pm
doc
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

I believe that you need to be a member of MP to get any mils at all, no?
Old Jan 22, 2002, 7:49 am
Moderator: CommunityBuzz!, OMNI, OMNI/PR, and OMNI/Games & FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMM, AAMM & ExPlat, Marriott lifetime Plat, IHG Plat, Hilton Diamond
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by V60t:
Does anyone know the max a non united member can get mileage wise?</font>
do you mean a non-elite level MP member?
Old Jan 23, 2002, 5:27 pm

Programs: United 1K, American EXP & 3 Million Miler, Hyatt Globalist & Marriott Ambassador Elite
5,000 bonus miles is the most I have seen for about three years and dont expect it to change.
Old Jan 23, 2002, 5:53 pm

I assume you are referring to the maximum miles per billing cycle and per year.

Go here and click "pricing and terms": http://www.firstusa.com/cgi-bin/webc...cont&mkid=6E6H

"The maximum number of miles you can earn with the United Mileage Plus card is 10,000 miles in any single billing cycle with a maximum of 60,000 miles a year. For a Mileage Plus Premier®, Premier Executive®, or Premier Executive® 1K® member there is no maximum number of miles that you can earn per billing period or per year. Miles are earned on purchases only; Miles are not earned on balance transfers, convenience checks, or cash advances."
Old Dec 15, 2002, 8:50 am

How long does it take to post miles from the Mileage Plus VISA card to UNITED?
I have another FirstUSA visa card and the miles credit is on BA before I receive the paper statement. I got the Mileage Plus VISA statement a couple of days ago, still no miles at UNITED!?!

I posted this in the United forum:

...Today I got my first bill and some coupons saying: "Get 5,000 Bonus Miles for each friend who becomes a card member... Your friends get 15,000 Bonus Miles..."
BTW, the 15,000 Bonus Miles did NOT post yet!?!.....
Old Dec 15, 2002, 1:50 pm

Programs: AA Plt-Lite 2MM,HH Gld, MR Plat
FYI: I think First USA changed the terms on the amount of miles earned per month. From the Terms and Conditions:

1 Mileage Plus mile for every $1 charged in purchases
The maximum number of miles you can earn with the United Mileage Plus Visa card a maximum of 60,000 miles per calendar year. However, there is no mileage cap for Mileage Plus Premier®, Premier Executive®, or Premier Executive® 1K® members. Miles are earned on net purchases only; Miles are not earned on balance transfers, convenience checks, or cash advances. Bonus Miles do not count towards mileage caps.
Old Dec 19, 2002, 6:03 am

I received the 15,000 miles today, one week after I received the paper statement.
The statement came with a flyer: "Get 5,000 Bonus Miles for each friend who becomes a card member... Your friends get 15,000 Bonus Miles..."

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.