Wiki Posts
Search

Sears MC

Search this Thread

Old Aug 15, 2002, 12:59 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Sears MC

Sears Gold mastercard offers AUTO RENTAL INSURANCE ( secondary ) and it also covers the primary insurance deductible...isnt that cool? i didnt know about it..most credit cards dont cover insurance deductible...do u know any credit card other than sears gold which covers deductible also..
Old Aug 15, 2002, 1:06 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by debo_nair:
most credit cards dont cover insurance deductible...do u know any credit card other than sears gold which covers deductible also..</font>
Umm... About all of them?

Seriously, pretty much every one Gold or Platinum credit card (VISA, MC, etc.) issued in the US provides for the secondary rental car insurance, which covers the deductible on your primary insurance (if you have one, otherwise, it covers everything).
Old Aug 17, 2002, 9:47 pm

A lot of MC/Visa offer PRIMARY insurance... leaving your own car insurance alone. That is cool.
Old Aug 18, 2002, 12:54 am

Would you please tell me the Visa/mastercards that offer primary insurance? I was under the impression that the only card that offered primary coverage was Diner's Club. I recently cancelled my Diner's Club and would like to get a card that had primary insurance coverage.

Thanks
Old Aug 18, 2002, 11:18 am

I know some of the Visa business cards offer primary insurance. See, e.g.:

http://www.usa.visa.com/business/sma...enefits.html#a
Old Aug 19, 2002, 10:45 am

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by MoreMiles:
A lot of MC/Visa offer PRIMARY insurance </font>
I'm afraid it's a huge overstatement. At least in the US, almost all MC/VISA cards offer secondary insurance.

[This message has been edited by Eugene (edited 08-19-2002).]
Old Aug 19, 2002, 10:47 am

[QUOTE]Originally posted by dave99:
I know some of the Visa business cards offer primary insurance. See, e.g.:

http://www.usa.visa.com/business/sma...enefits.html#a
[/QUOT E]

Good example, but keep in mind that if your rental is for personal reasons, the coverage becomes secondary instead of primary.
Old Aug 19, 2002, 11:43 am

I too have been searching for some time for a VI/MC that offers primary coverage. I have yet to find one, and would love to hear if someone has.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.