Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Should I change cards?

Search this Thread

Old May 12, 2023, 11:46 am
Original Poster

Should I change cards?

I spend about $500k a year on my Chase United Club Card for Business, non of it is travel and earns 1.5 miles per dollar. I don't put much value on the United Club membership, when I come up for renewal I am considering changing cards. I already have a CSR card, but it only gets 1 point for regular purchases. Is there a different card I should consider that earns more than 1 point per dollar on non-travel?
Old May 12, 2023, 1:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Chase Ink Business Unlimited.

1.5 UR points per dollar, no annual fee, and if you have certain other Chase cards you can transfer these UR points to United miles or Hyatt points, so it's just more flexible than what you have there.
Need likes this.
Old May 12, 2023, 4:22 pm

Since you don't break down your business expense categories it's difficult to tell you which one is best. You should check out the Ink cards; Cash, Unlimited and Preferred. They all have very strong spending areas and with your CSR card you can transfer the points earned with them to where you want them. Be aware that the Ink Premier card also earns Reward points but it does not allow you to transfer its UR points like all of the other cards do. Personally, I have avoided it for that very reason.
Old May 12, 2023, 10:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Too many to list
Why not a basic 2% back card for all purchases? That's an extra $2500 in your pocket.
https://www.forbes.com/advisor/credi...sh-back-cards/
Old May 12, 2023, 11:58 pm
Moderator: Chase Ultimate Rewards

Programs: UA 2P, MR LT Plat, IHG Plat, BW Dia, HH Au, Avis PC
If your business has $100k on deposit (cash or investments) at Bank of America, you get 75% boosted earnings on their credit cards. So you could earn 2.62% cash back on everything, with category bonuses up to 5.25%. That can be competitive with points/miles and certainly easier to redeem.
Need likes this.
Old May 15, 2023, 6:47 am
Original Poster

nearly all the spend is on our distributors website tdsynnex.com, synnexcorp.com, and ingrammicro.com. It is to buy computer equipment and services.

I'll review several of the recommendations and follow up.
Old May 15, 2023, 9:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by ClimbGuy
nearly all the spend is on our distributors website tdsynnex.com, synnexcorp.com, and ingrammicro.com. It is to buy computer equipment and services.

I'll review several of the recommendations and follow up.
It's possible that the Amex Business Gold card would consider some of that to be a bonus category.

Also, I think Synnex will give you better pricing if you pay by wire or ACH.
Old May 16, 2023, 6:53 pm

Chase has the ink business premier that earns 2.5% on any charges of 5k or above. Anything below 5k will earn 2%. The annual fee for card is 195.
Old May 17, 2023, 8:52 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by josephstern
It's possible that the Amex Business Gold card would consider some of that to be a bonus category.

Also, I think Synnex will give you better pricing if you pay by wire or ACH.
Synnex, may ill ask again what it is, but when I last did my math, the points and the float were worth it. Not to mention all the protection credit cards provide

How do I figure out what the bonus categories are and if I would qualify?
Old May 19, 2023, 5:25 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by ClimbGuy
How do I figure out what the bonus categories are and if I would qualify?
Read here: https://www.americanexpress.com/us/c...wd#offer-terms in particular How the 4X Points Benefit Works
"
Old May 19, 2023, 2:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by mia
Read here: https://www.americanexpress.com/us/c...wd#offer-terms in particular How the 4X Points Benefit Works
"
As far as figuring out the category, you might just need a test charge.
Old May 19, 2023, 5:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

And the test charge should be with a card on the Amex network, since some companies have different categories for Amex network than for MC/Visa.
Old May 24, 2023, 6:10 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by mia
"
thanks, this is the type of thing I need to watch out for: Eligible purchases in excess of $150,000 in a calendar year will receive only one point per dollar spent.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.