Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Credit Card Programs
Reload this Page >

Hotel credit cards with Late Check-out benefits.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 23, 2022, 7:53 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA Ex-Plat, Bonvoy Titanium

I'm sort of over Marriott Brands. At this point the only reason I stay there is I need late check-out quite often.

Is there a hotel branded credit card that would get me "guaranteed" late checkout? I don't care about luxury brands, but I do stay in many different cities across the US.

Thanks.
Rich
Old Dec 24, 2022, 3:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Saipan, MP 96950 USA (Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands = the CNMI)
Programs: UA Silver, Hilton Silver. Life: UA .57 MM, United & Admirals Clubs (spousal), Marriott Platinum
Within that chain, the 4:00 p.m. late check-out benefit is available solely to Marriott Bonvy Platinum Elite members and above.

The only credit card that can get that status is Marriott Brilliant AmEx, at $650 per year.
Old Dec 24, 2022, 7:09 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA Ex-Plat, Bonvoy Titanium
I was hoping to find an option other than Marriott. Surprised there isn’t a Hilton CC that offers similar benefits.
Old Dec 24, 2022, 7:32 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by puchalskir
....Surprised there isn’t a Hilton....
You may find this article helpful: https://loyaltylobby.com/2022/08/16/...elite-members/
puchalskir likes this.
Old Dec 24, 2022, 1:35 pm

Programs: Flying Blue, Hilton Honors, Amtrak Guest Rewards
Basically, if free late check-out is something you value, Hilton, especially in the US, is not the hotel brand family for you (and neither is IHG). If you also value a US footprint that has properties everywhere, you're basically stuck with Marriott.

​​​​​​
puchalskir likes this.
Old Dec 24, 2022, 2:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by puchalskir
I'm sort of over Marriott Brands. At this point the only reason I stay there is I need late check-out quite often.

Is there a hotel branded credit card that would get me "guaranteed" late checkout? I don't care about luxury brands, but I do stay in many different cities across the US.

Thanks.
Rich
It's not "guaranteed," but IHG Platinum status offers a 2:00 pm "subject to availability" checkout. Platinum status is included with the Chase/IHG Rewards "Premier" card.
puchalskir likes this.
Old Dec 25, 2022, 7:16 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
It appears that IHG offers the same "subject to availability" 2PM check-out feature to all One Club members, no status required. I would research in the IHG forum to learn if status increases availability.

https://www.ihg.com/content/us/en/cu...er-tc/2nd-page
puchalskir and SPN Lifer like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.