Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Credit Card Programs
Reload this Page >

Credit Card Benefits claims when purchase made via Mobile Payments

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 11, 2020, 8:31 pm
Original Poster

Does anyone have experience claiming Credit Card purchase / travel benefits (e.g. Extended Warranty / Travel Delay reimbursement) when the original purchase was paid for via Apple Pay / Android Pay / Samsung Pay?
The benefit guides and claim process instructions typically request the purchase receipt showing the card number (or partial card number) as proof of purchase using the specific card that is providing the benefit, but payment made via Apple Pay / Android Pay / Samsung Pay are tokenized and the receipt would show the one time Digital Payment Account number (different from your actual card number)/

Have that cause any issues for anyone here trying to claim card benefits?
Old Aug 11, 2020, 8:36 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium
Have done it with Citibank with no issues. I just put both the actual card # and the virtual # on the claim form.
Old Aug 12, 2020, 3:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: GE, Marriott Platinum
A few years back I had to claim Trip Delay on my CSR due to a weather-related delay causing me to miss my connecting flight. One of my transactions was tapping my phone to get on SLC's transit to go to the hotel and Chase/their benefits administrator had no issues reimbursing me for it. It might have helped that I also used the CSR for the delay related charges, though.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.