Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Need a new card...Prestige vs CSR

Search this Thread

Old Feb 21, 2019, 12:30 am

Originally Posted by 1readyset2go
I have been wanting to get this card and the big draw is the 4th night free. I understand you can now only use that twice in a year. In the fine print it mentions you can not use it for a number of things like Yacht's and "villa's".

I am looking at an Aman stay and the while they do have Villa's the cat below their villa's is what I was specifically looking at staying in. Aman calls it a "Casita" which goes for about $1400 in season. I was wondering if anyone knew if this would be a room that Citi would allow as a 4th night free. If so this would be a no brainer for my next card. Thanks!
Actually... I just booked a "villa" at the Banyan Tree for April. They're having a "buy 2 stay 3" promo for Mastercard holders at select Banyan Trees, but the $500/nt villa was the only qualifying room type at the property we wanted to stay at. Since the Prestige is a Mastercard, I combined it with the 4th night free with the concierge and there were no problems. I can't confirm, as this is the only time I've used it for a villa but it's possible that the limitation applies to standalone villa rentals (very common and popular in some locations - but they definitely don't allow these), rather than a "villa" room category at a hotel.
1readyset2go likes this.
Old Feb 21, 2019, 6:33 pm

Programs: SPG, Marriott, United, SWA, AA
To get the 4th night free would i just book it direct with the hotel and then Citi reimburses me the 4th night?
Old Feb 24, 2019, 5:50 am

Programs: DL DM, AA ExPlt, Diamond HH, HY, BW, & Titanium Elite Marriott
Prestige is a great card and you can earn your fee back. I do every year.

After the first year, the CSR is a negative return for me. I now have the CSP and that one is okay.
Old Mar 1, 2019, 12:53 am

Originally Posted by 1readyset2go
To get the 4th night free would i just book it direct with the hotel and then Citi reimburses me the 4th night?
No. You actually have to call their concierge service to book it, which is a bit of a pain in the ....

Also, do your own research first. I always research the exact room, rates, etc prior to calling them. If there is a publicly available promotion, they can book it as well. Just keep in mind that you should never ASK them if you can combine another promotion. They don't appear to be well trained and will almost always tell you no. Instead, call with all of the details and tell them to apply the promo code. I've yet to have an issue with this. But the worst they can do is tell you they can't combine it. If you ask, they'll often tell you they can't without checking.

The 4th night free can't be used on things like AirBnBs or single "villa" type hotels (where you rent the entire building) as it's essentially like an AirBnB. However a "villa" hotel room category has worked fine. They also can't use OTA, targetted (ie member), or similar rates, any rates and promos must be directly from the hotel or corporate websites (publicly available). You can use the concierge until September, and I believe the 2 usage limit also kicks in then so you can still take advantage of any bookings until then.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.