Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Credit Card Programs
Reload this Page >

Can parent living in same household not working get credit card

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Can parent living in same household not working get credit card

Search this Thread

Old Jan 13, 2019, 5:39 pm
Original Poster

Question Can parent living in same household not working get credit card

Hi Seniors,

Can a parent living in same household get a credit card if they are not working or getting any kinda assistance. Basically, the parent is my dependent. I have read somewhere that non-working wives can claim household income as their own and apply for credit card. Can the same be done for the parent? Thanks in advance.
Old Jan 13, 2019, 7:20 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, UA Silver, Mobile Passport Unobtanium
Many, if not most, people use household income when applying for credit cards. Bonus points if the parent has good credit history.
Old Jan 13, 2019, 7:52 pm
Original Poster

So in the Total gross annual income box I can enter my income for the parent and select other for Primary source of income?
Old Jan 15, 2019, 9:15 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
This is how Capital One explains income:

You may include personal income, which is income you have earned, including full-time, part-time, or seasonal jobs, self-employment, interest or dividends, retirement, and public assistance. You may also include shared income, which is money from somebody else that is regularly deposited into your individual account or into a joint account that person shares with you. If you are 21 or over, you may also include somebody else's income that is regularly used to pay your expenses.
I would look for similar explanations from other issuers. In this example Capital One only considers income to be "shared" if the applicant has access to the bank account where it is deposited.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.