Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Credit Card Programs
Reload this Page >

BarclayarclayCard for about 6 months now.card - swtching from AA to JetBlue

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 4, 2018, 4:23 pm
Original Member, Moderator: Hotel Deals and MilesBuzz
Original Poster

Hello all - I've had the American Airlines BarclayCard for about 6 months now. A big fat sign up bonus motivated me to get the card but I now find myself not using the card. I have the Citi AA card which I greatly prefer. Anyway, I was wondering if it would be possible to switch over to the JetBlue card and get the sign up bonus?

Anyone tried?

Last edited by MileageAddict; Dec 4, 2018 at 4:33 pm
Old Dec 5, 2018, 7:28 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
As a matter of regulatory compliance no issuer will let a customer change products in the first 12 months. This is because the Federal C.A.R.D. Act prohibits the issuer changing the product terms during the first year, and the banks have conservatively decided that the safest way to comply is to simply make no changes in the first year.
MileageAddict likes this.
Old Dec 5, 2018, 10:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Too many to list
Originally Posted by MileageAddict
Hello all - I've had the American Airlines BarclayCard for about 6 months now. A big fat sign up bonus motivated me to get the card but I now find myself not using the card. I have the Citi AA card which I greatly prefer. Anyway, I was wondering if it would be possible to switch over to the JetBlue card and get the sign up bonus?

Anyone tried?
Generally, doing a PC from one card to another will not trigger a bonus. Just keep your current cards and apply for the JetBlue card. Then at the 11 month mark cancel the AA Barclay card to avoid the AF.
MileageAddict likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.