Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Best credit card combo for cash back?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 8, 2018, 5:57 pm

Originally Posted by phltraveler
There's no right or wrong answer to any of these, it depends on your spend patterns, and what you spend on. The giftcard loophole on the Amex BCP for instance has been popular because you can get up to 6% effective on a lot of spend, although there is a cap on the 6% cashback in eligible spend per year.
Is Amex okay with giftcards/VGC/.etc? Supposedly USBank is not.
Old Jun 11, 2018, 2:36 am

If you have Bank of America Preferred rewards (an account with Merrill Lynch or Merrill Lynch Edge with > 100,000) their premium rewards visa is 2.65% cash back on everything with 3.5% on travel and dining. In addition you get the panoply of travel / purchase benefits and CDW waiver.
Old Jun 11, 2018, 8:02 am

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott LTPP, Hertz Five Star
Originally Posted by nall
Amex disclaims gift cards from the 6% cashback eligibility in the terms, but can or cannot tell if you bought gift cards - if the store sends the right level 3 data as part of the transaction and they see you bought giftcards, it won't get 6%. If they just send normal transaction data (store, merchant category code as a supermarket, and dollar amount) then the gift card purchases will net 6% on the BCP.
Old Jun 12, 2018, 12:59 pm

Programs: UR, TYP, MR, C1, AA, UA, WN, BA, AS, AV, AC, Choice, Hyatt, IHG, Hilton, Wyndham, Marriott
Originally Posted by nall
I bought a few lower denomination GCs with Altitude and there was no problem.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.