Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 6, 2018, 3:33 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: philemer
NO LONGER AVAILABLE FOR NEW APPLICANTS, 10/5/18).

Barclays Arrival Premier costs $150/year, with first year waived but no new account bonus offer. Barclays calls Arrival rewards points "miles".

Arrival Premier earns two "miles" per dollar on all spending, with a 15,000 "mile" bonus awarded at $15,000 and another 10,000 at $25,000 in a year.

Arrival Premier "miles" are transferable to ten airlines, including members of all three international alliances, plus two independent carriers.

To compare with other cards, look at the ratio of dollars spent to airlines miles earned:
Base transfer ratio is $1 = 2 Arrival "miles" = 1.42 airline miles (Exception: Japan Airlines and Aeroplan, $1 = 2 Arrival = 1.175 airline miles )
If you spend $15,000 -or- $25,000 there is a 50% bonus: $1 = 3 Arrival "miles" = 2.14 airline miles (or 1.76 Japan Airlines or Aeroplan miles)
Transfer partners

One World
Japan Airlines
Malaysia Airlines
Qantas

Skyteam
Aeromexico
China Eastern
Flying Blue

Star Alliance
EVA Air
Aeroplan

Independent
Etihad
Jet Privilege
Print Wikipost

Barclays Arrival “Premier” (DOA RIP)

Search this Thread

Old Mar 24, 2018, 2:53 pm
Original Poster

Programs: IHG Platinum
Barclays Arrival “Premier” (DOA RIP)

Apparently there is some rumor of a new Arrival product to be launched very soon.
Old Mar 24, 2018, 2:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: GE, Marriott Platinum
$15K minimum spend sounds awfully high to me but maybe it'll work for some people.
Old Mar 24, 2018, 3:34 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by tmiw
$15K minimum spend sounds awfully high to me but maybe it'll work for some people.
I agree, especially when a pack of gum and $95 AF will get you 50k AA points with the Aviator card.
Old Mar 24, 2018, 5:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by sleuth
I agree, especially when a pack of gum and $95 AF will get you 50k AA points with the Aviator card.
Such a high minimum spend is also basically an invite to MS with the card, especially if the bonus is extremely good. Not that there aren't people who MS with other cards, mind you, but organic spend is still easier to achieve with those (thus making that the most common way to meet minimums).
Old Mar 24, 2018, 6:29 pm
Original Poster

Such a high minimum spend is also basically an invite to MS with the card, especially if the bonus is extremely good. Not that there aren't people who MS with other cards, mind you, but organic spend is still easier to achieve with those (thus making that the most common way to meet minimums).
If it’s a big enough bonus i’ll gladly pay my mortgage via Plastiq. One of the few good thing about Arrival is Mastercard.
Old Mar 24, 2018, 10:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by sleuth
If it’s a big enough bonus i’ll gladly pay my mortgage via Plastiq. One of the few good thing about Arrival is Mastercard.
Wait, I thought Plastiq took all major cards? Though I've never used it before so maybe there's something I'm missing.

Anyway, could Barclays possibly be tweaking the card to better compete with e.g. CSR? That would explain the supposed high bonus.
Old Mar 25, 2018, 4:28 am

Wait, I thought Plastiq took all major cards? Though I've never used it before so maybe there's something I'm missing.
Plastiq stopped accepting everything except MC for mortgages about a year or so ago.
Old Mar 25, 2018, 7:07 pm

From the DOC link it's an "annual spend" and not a minimum spend for a sign up bonus. Spend $15k annually and get a recurring bonus.
Old Mar 25, 2018, 7:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by sethMCOflyer
From the DOC link it's an "annual spend" and not a minimum spend for a sign up bonus. Spend $15k annually and get a recurring bonus.
The article definitely changed since I last saw it. $25K for 25,000 additional points per year still seems like a lot unless you make it your primary/only card and even then...

Anyway, guess we'll wait to see what the signup bonus is.
Old Mar 26, 2018, 7:16 am

The article definitely changed since I last saw it. $25K for 25,000 additional points per year still seems like a lot unless you make it your primary/only card and even then...

Anyway, guess we'll wait to see what the signup bonus is.
I think it depends on who they're targeting. I wouldn't hit that even if it was my sole card, someone who travels a ton for work could hit it pretty quickly.
Old Mar 26, 2018, 5:50 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, AA EXP, Hilton Diamond, Wyndham Diamond, DL PM, Marriott Platinum, IHG Platinum
If they are able to get Lufthansa as a transfer partner, that would be huge.
Old Mar 30, 2018, 6:04 am

Lots of additional details from DoC now. Only unknowns are signup bonus and transfer partners/rates.
Old Mar 30, 2018, 8:35 am

Programs: Belong to Many but No Longer Loyal to Any
At 3 pts per $1.00 with $25K spend, might be a nice card for tax payments, depending on transfer rates/partners. According to leaked info on DOC you can redeem points for gift cards "starting at 5000 miles for $25." Not a very good rate, making me wonder if we'll actually even see a 1:1 transfer ratio with travel partners.
Old Mar 30, 2018, 9:40 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, AA EXP, Hilton Diamond, Wyndham Diamond, DL PM, Marriott Platinum, IHG Platinum
From the leaked info, this one looks like a solid product and could become my primary card if Lufthansa is a 1:1 transfer partner -- 3x is absolutely fantastic.
Old Mar 30, 2018, 9:52 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by flyaxa
... gift cards "starting at 5000 miles for $25." Not a very good rate, making me wonder if we'll actually even see a 1:1 transfer ratio with travel partners.
Some programs offer a poor rate for low denomination giftcards. It could be 5,000= $25, but 10000 = $100.

The spend : points : miles ratio could be $1 = 2 points = 1 mile, as it was in Diners Club Rewards prior to 2005. The intermediate number of points is unimportant.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.