Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Peculiar Samsung Pay behavior...

Search this Thread

Old Feb 16, 2018, 5:23 pm
Original Poster

Peculiar Samsung Pay behavior...

Samsung pay is behaving rather strangely for me. I have both a US Bank Card and an American Express Card registered with Samsung pay. When I use Samsung pay with my US Bank card, the transactions do not show up in Samsung Pay. When I use my physical American Express Card (not using Samsung pay) the transactions DO show up in Samsung Pay. Anyone have any clue what is going on? The amex receipts show the last four digits of my physical card, not the four digits assigned by Samsung Pay.
Old Feb 16, 2018, 7:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
What exactly do you mean by "show up in" Samsung Pay? All​​​​ AMEX transactions seem to be listed in my Samsung Pay history for those linked cards, but only actual tapped transactions receive Samsung credit as a purchase.
Old Feb 16, 2018, 7:33 pm
Original Poster

By show up, I mean they appear in my Samsung pay history and I get a notification from Samsung pay every time I use the card. I have not been paying attention to whether or not I was getting points for physical card purchases. I will get groceries on the way home and see what happens....
Old Feb 16, 2018, 7:38 pm

Programs: BA Gold (OWE), Star Alliance Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by gruntermen
By show up, I mean they appear in my Samsung pay history and I get a notification from Samsung pay every time I use the card. I have not been paying attention to whether or not I was getting points for physical card purchases. I will get groceries on the way home and see what happens....
Amex notify you of all transactions through Apple Pay and Samsung Pay (even the ones where you didn't use your phone), other card issuers don't. You won't get the Samsung reward points when using your actual Amex card.
Old Feb 16, 2018, 8:30 pm
Original Poster

Yep you are totally correct. I paid for my groceries with my physical amex card. I got the notification but I did not get credit for the purchase. Now if only I could get my US Bank taps to show up when I DO use the Samsung Pay app. I have already tried removing it the card and then adding it again.
Old Feb 17, 2018, 10:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
For non-Amex cards, qualifying Samsung Pay transaction history appears for the card itself; go to your list of linked cards for that.
Old Feb 18, 2018, 2:41 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Points Scrounger
For non-Amex cards, qualifying Samsung Pay transaction history appears for the card itself; go to your list of linked cards for that.
I have. The transactions are not showing. The FAQ for Samsung pay says it is a problem on the card issuers end. It doesn't really bother me if I don't get the Samsung pay points but I am worried they are not getting coded as mobile wallet transactions by US Bank. Unfortunately the US Bank monthly statements don't show which transactions were mobile wallet purchases and which were using the physical card.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.