Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Credit Card Programs
Reload this Page >

Barclaycard JetBlue Plus 60,000 1k spend $99 AF

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Barclaycard JetBlue Plus 60,000 1k spend $99 AF

Search this Thread

Old Dec 20, 2017, 2:14 pm

Programs: Cruise addict and AirBNB Plat :)
Applied for the 60K signup bonus JetBlue Plus card. Received the wait 10 business days message. I have 836 credit score. Waited 5 days and called because I couldn't wait any longer lol

I read many horror stories about Barclay recon department but thankfully my experience was a good one ... perhaps after I said a quick prayer lol. He said the reason my app went to recon was because I only put my first name initial on the application. He said I must apply using my full names and call after the fact to have only my first initial listed on the card. He said he's recommending my card for approval but to call after 24 hours for the status. I checked the application status website the next day and it says I was approved with $1,500 credit limit. What the heck ... so after the 24 hour mark, I called to talk about my low credit limit to which the agent offered to move some credit from my AA card. After that's done, she transferred me to another dept for the name change request.

Just like my Southwest card, I am going to keep this card past the one year. The 5000 points I get on card anniversary will offset most of the AF. The rest will be covered by the free checked-luggage privilege.

I'm now at 4/24 and will be for the next 14 months lol

I'm going to lay low for a while unless a really really really good signup bonus pops up with Chase lol
Old Dec 25, 2017, 2:20 pm

Originally Posted by aSiAnRiCk
Applied for the 60K signup bonus JetBlue Plus card. Received the wait 10 business days message. I have 836 credit score. Waited 5 days and called because I couldn't wait any longer lol

I read many horror stories about Barclay recon department but thankfully my experience was a good one ... perhaps after I said a quick prayer lol. He said the reason my app went to recon was because I only put my first name initial on the application. He said I must apply using my full names and call after the fact to have only my first initial listed on the card. He said he's recommending my card for approval but to call after 24 hours for the status. I checked the application status website the next day and it says I was approved with $1,500 credit limit. What the heck ... so after the 24 hour mark, I called to talk about my low credit limit to which the agent offered to move some credit from my AA card. After that's done, she transferred me to another dept for the name change request.

Just like my Southwest card, I am going to keep this card past the one year. The 5000 points I get on card anniversary will offset most of the AF. The rest will be covered by the free checked-luggage privilege.

I'm now at 4/24 and will be for the next 14 months lol

I'm going to lay low for a while unless a really really really good signup bonus pops up with Chase lol
Yeah, I feel it bro. I wish AMEX still have the Jetblue with all of the perks instead of Barclay but whatever, anyway after a while I'm not interested in airline credit cards anymore. As I don't want to diversify to many programs, I just put my money in UR cause it makes sense to me.
Old Dec 25, 2017, 4:13 pm

So, is this offer ending 12/31?
Old Dec 26, 2017, 12:11 pm

Originally Posted by jackiesyu
So, is this offer ending 12/31?
yeah bro, this offer ends the last day of december.
Old Dec 28, 2017, 5:56 pm
Original Poster

Statement closed 12/12/2017 with AF and 1k spend. 60k miles deposited in account today.
Old Dec 29, 2017, 9:44 am

I'm considering applying for this card but was wondering about the ability to downgrade to the (no fee) JetBlue card if I ever needed to. I tried calling Barclays but they wouldn't give me an answer until I applied and had a card. Has anyone tried this?
Old Dec 30, 2017, 3:09 pm

Folks - i applied for this card right before the offer was announced. Any way to get the 60k offer applied to my card
Another question for a family member - would they be able to apply for the same card which they canceled in August and get the bonus or there is an 18 month rule or something
Old Dec 30, 2017, 3:14 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by sam007
Folks - i applied for this card right before the offer was announced. Any way to get the 60k offer applied to my card
In August I got the 50k offer on the Barclay Aviator card. They raised the offer to 60k 2 weeks later. I sent them an SM and they matched me to 60k. so worth a try.
Old Dec 31, 2017, 11:22 am

Originally Posted by sam007
Another question for a family member - would they be able to apply for the same card which they canceled in August and get the bonus or there is an 18 month rule or something
I closed my previous Jetblue card in 07/2017. Applied and was approved again in 11/2017. Received the 60k bonus in 12/2017.
Old Dec 31, 2017, 12:15 pm

Just applied but got the standard being reviewed and wait 10 days. Is there a reconsideration line - thx

Just called the customer service line and they said it's showing approved at their end. I wonder why their computers could not crunch the numbers fast enough to show me approved right away
Old Jan 1, 2018, 2:58 pm
Original Poster

60k link still available though it was supposed to end yeasterday.
Old Jan 3, 2018, 12:21 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Platinum, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Gold, United
Originally Posted by Robl
60k link still available though it was supposed to end yeasterday.
I just tried applying through the posted link and got a "we are experiencing technical difficulties " message.
Old Nov 1, 2018, 1:35 pm

Programs: AA Platinum
Coming up on the anniversary of the offer that many of us took...what are you guys planning to do?

If we want to churn the signup offer, will closing the account reset the clock? (as it now does on Aviator cards)

Over in the Barclays retention thread, I see CSRs usually offer $50 credit + 5K for $1K spend. Are those miles on top of the anniversary bonus, or just a sales pitch for what we'd get anyway? Enough to sway you either way?
Old Nov 1, 2018, 1:41 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Richard Berg
Coming up on the anniversary of the offer that many of us took...what are you guys planning to do?

If we want to churn the signup offer, will closing the account reset the clock? (as it now does on Aviator cards)

Over in the Barclays retention thread, I see CSRs usually offer $50 credit + 5K for $1K spend. Are those miles on top of the anniversary bonus, or just a sales pitch for what we'd get anyway? Enough to sway you either way?
I closed mine with the hope to re-apply at some future date. Before you close book any flights you need to get the 10% points back. Also there is a Biz card for 50k points after 1k spend here https://cards.barclaycardus.com/bank...business-card/
Old Dec 10, 2018, 11:43 am

I just applied for both the personal and business a two months ago. It's been kind of a nightmare trying to get everything linked correctly.
My business card is finally linked to my trueblue account. They created a new jetblue # for me for some odd reason and it appears to be merged with my correct number. The personal card account info was missing. I called in to link it. Any idea how long it will take to link in their systems? I heard 3 days and 1 billing statement from two different reps.

For those of you with both, do you see both cards on your jetblue profile?

I'm almost 99% sure this is going to affect my redemption rebate for a flight tomorrow night.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.