Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Credit Card Programs
Reload this Page >

US Bank Altitude Reserve Card (2017 - 2023)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 1, 2017, 2:17 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: yugi
US Bank Altitude Reserve card
  • 50,000 bonus points after $4,500 spend within first 90 days
  • Up to $325 annually (cardmember year NOT calendar year) in statement credits for eligible travel and dining/takeout purchases
  • $400 annual fee
  • Free authorized users
  • 3x on travel and mobile wallet purchases
  • 5x on hotel and car rental purchases made via US Bank portal
Travel category is defined as follows: purchases made directly with airlines, hotels, car rentals, taxicabs, limousines, passenger trains and cruise line companies
Mobile wallet category is defined as follows: the method of paying for a transaction by use of a mobile device (in-store, in-app or online) and includes ApplePay®, Samsung Pay, Android Google Pay™, Microsoft Wallet, LG Pay®

Card provides primary CDW coverage in the US for cars up to $75k in value up to 15 days. In other countries coverage is up to 31 days. Excluded countries: Israel, Jamaica, Ireland and Northern Ireland.
Card provides 8 Priority Pass lounge visits per PP membership year.

Direct link to application:
http://mycard.usbank.com/credit/team...e_reserve.html

Point Redemptions
  • Redeem at 1.5c per point value for travel purchases made directly at the US Bank travel site
  • Redeem at 1.5c per point for travel purchases made at other sites when using the Realtime Rewards feature. Must enroll first.
  • Otherwise redeem at 1c per point.
  • With Realtime Rewards it's possible to redeem for fees such as Delta award charges for example.
  • To redeem for lodging the minimum purchase must be $500 $150 and you must have enough points to cover the whole purchase. For car rentals, the minimum is $250 $150. $10 minimum for the rest of the categories.
  • Some non-US travel charges work with Realtime Rewards even though they shouldn't.

Reconsideration Line: 1-800-947-1444

Print Wikipost

US Bank Altitude Reserve Card (2017 - 2023)

Search this Thread

Old May 1, 2018, 1:32 pm

Programs: AA PLTPRO, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, Marriott Plat, Hyatt Globalist
I just did my first text redemption and it worked perfectly.
So, is it correct to calculate it as: $.03 per $1.00 spent (when using ApplePay or buying Travel) and then redeeming at 1.5X the value means I'm actually getting $.045 per dollar in rewards/credit?
Old May 1, 2018, 3:48 pm

Originally Posted by OskiBear
I just did my first text redemption and it worked perfectly.
So, is it correct to calculate it as: $.03 per $1.00 spent (when using ApplePay or buying Travel) and then redeeming at 1.5X the value means I'm actually getting $.045 per dollar in rewards/credit?
Yes.
OskiBear likes this.
Old May 1, 2018, 8:43 pm

have anyone tried to product change this card?
is that even an option?
Old May 3, 2018, 1:24 pm
Etp

Did US Bank fix the problem with earning points when using Google Pay?
Android Pay does not exist any longer. It has been several months. And US Bank keeps advertising earning points for something that does not exist!
Old May 3, 2018, 3:17 pm

Programs: UR, TYP, MR, C1, AA, UA, WN, BA, AS, AV, AC, Choice, Hyatt, IHG, Hilton, Wyndham, Marriott
Originally Posted by Etp
Did US Bank fix the problem with earning points when using Google Pay?
Android Pay does not exist any longer. It has been several months. And US Bank keeps advertising earning points for something that does not exist!
I think they did. My coworker got the card recently and he used it with google pay. He've got 3x for that. My statement closes today or tomorrow, and I have 1 GP charge. I will verify that as well.
Old May 3, 2018, 6:06 pm
Etp

Originally Posted by yugi
I think they did. My coworker got the card recently and he used it with google pay. He've got 3x for that. My statement closes today or tomorrow, and I have 1 GP charge. I will verify that as well.
Appreciate the update after your statement closed.
I have been approved for the card, and am waiting to receive it in the mail.
Old May 3, 2018, 8:14 pm

Programs: CO-plat, SPG-plat
Originally Posted by superalaro
have anyone tried to product change this card?
is that even an option?
What US Bank card would you want to product covert to (and forgo sign-up bonus)?
Old May 3, 2018, 8:59 pm
Etp

I know a while ago, US Bank made it possible to transfer FlexPerks points to Altitude Reserve. Did they make it possible to transfer Altitude Reserve points to FlexPerks?
Old May 3, 2018, 10:08 pm

Programs: SPG, Hyatt Diamond Member, Club Calrson Silver, AA, Hilton Gold, BA
I just got my annual fee on my card.

Does the $325 credit start now? Or did it start in 2018 and I should have used the $325 before annual fee came up?
Old May 4, 2018, 5:17 am

Originally Posted by livestrongforever
I just got my annual fee on my card.

Does the $325 credit start now? Or did it start in 2018 and I should have used the $325 before annual fee came up?
Starts now - the credit is on anniversary year not calendar year
Old May 4, 2018, 8:44 am

Programs: UR, TYP, MR, C1, AA, UA, WN, BA, AS, AV, AC, Choice, Hyatt, IHG, Hilton, Wyndham, Marriott
Originally Posted by Etp
Appreciate the update after your statement closed.
I have been approved for the card, and am waiting to receive it in the mail.
Yes, they fixed the issue. Google pay is now 3x.
Old May 4, 2018, 1:16 pm
Etp

Originally Posted by yugi
Yes, they fixed the issue. Google pay is now 3x.
Thanks! Do you know if it is possible to transfer points from Altitude Reserve to FlexPerks?
Old May 4, 2018, 4:12 pm

Originally Posted by Etp

Thanks! Do you know if it is possible to transfer points from Altitude Reserve to FlexPerks?
No it's not possible. But you can transfer Flexperks to AR. I cashed all my Flexperks points. Will do the same with AR points.
Old May 7, 2018, 2:12 pm

Programs: SPG Plat50, Delta Silver, United Silver, Hilton Gold
2nd year annual fee & travel credit

Originally Posted by macrophage
Starts now - the credit is on anniversary year not calendar year
Do we know if we can use second year $300 travel credit and then cancel within the refund period for the annual fee? My second year annual fee will be charged this month and I plan on cancelling.
Old May 11, 2018, 9:51 am

Programs: Whatever's Cheapest, Accruing Miles, Redeeming for Premium Cabins, Not Chasing Status Unnecessarily
I hate this card.

the can’t do partial flight prices is really harmful.

never paying the fee again

are there retention offers?

Can u burn travel credit in time to cancel and get annual fee removed?

RELEASE THE DATA POINTS!!!!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.