Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Credit Card Programs
Reload this Page >

US Bank Altitude Reserve Card (2017 - 2023)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 1, 2017, 2:17 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: yugi
US Bank Altitude Reserve card
  • 50,000 bonus points after $4,500 spend within first 90 days
  • Up to $325 annually (cardmember year NOT calendar year) in statement credits for eligible travel and dining/takeout purchases
  • $400 annual fee
  • Free authorized users
  • 3x on travel and mobile wallet purchases
  • 5x on hotel and car rental purchases made via US Bank portal
Travel category is defined as follows: purchases made directly with airlines, hotels, car rentals, taxicabs, limousines, passenger trains and cruise line companies
Mobile wallet category is defined as follows: the method of paying for a transaction by use of a mobile device (in-store, in-app or online) and includes ApplePay®, Samsung Pay, Android Google Pay™, Microsoft Wallet, LG Pay®

Card provides primary CDW coverage in the US for cars up to $75k in value up to 15 days. In other countries coverage is up to 31 days. Excluded countries: Israel, Jamaica, Ireland and Northern Ireland.
Card provides 8 Priority Pass lounge visits per PP membership year.

Direct link to application:
http://mycard.usbank.com/credit/team...e_reserve.html

Point Redemptions
  • Redeem at 1.5c per point value for travel purchases made directly at the US Bank travel site
  • Redeem at 1.5c per point for travel purchases made at other sites when using the Realtime Rewards feature. Must enroll first.
  • Otherwise redeem at 1c per point.
  • With Realtime Rewards it's possible to redeem for fees such as Delta award charges for example.
  • To redeem for lodging the minimum purchase must be $500 $150 and you must have enough points to cover the whole purchase. For car rentals, the minimum is $250 $150. $10 minimum for the rest of the categories.
  • Some non-US travel charges work with Realtime Rewards even though they shouldn't.

Reconsideration Line: 1-800-947-1444

Print Wikipost

US Bank Altitude Reserve Card (2017 - 2023)

Search this Thread

Old Apr 13, 2018, 2:26 pm

I'm loving this card now that you can redeem by text, since US Bank's travel site sucks. I banked about 150,000 points during the first year, between the signup bonus and all of my 3x Apple Pay and travel purchases, but I could never find what I needed on the travel site. Just checked in at a Westin for a 2 night stay, and they took an authorization about 10% higher than the reservation amount, probably to cover incidentals. Immediately got a text and choose to redeem. Immediately got a pending credit for the authorization amount, and the credit posted the next day. Upon checkout, I was only billed for the original reservation amount, so I was actually able to cash out at a 1.5x rate for more than I ended up spending.

I bet you could essentially cash out all of your points at 1.5x by purchasing a fully refundable plane ticket and then calling the airline to cancel a few days later.
Old Apr 16, 2018, 12:12 pm

Does anyone know if you can change the Priority Pass recipient? I assigned it to DW last year, but she now has it through another card now, so I was going to see if I can assign it to someone else in the family.
Old Apr 19, 2018, 11:51 am

Originally Posted by RobotsRock
I audit my reward points earned when I receive my US Bank statement by mail. I noticed today the mobile payments category reward points didn't add up for the first time. After doing the math, I didn't get any mobile payment points for all my Google Pay purchases made via the Panera App. I've received this for the past 6 months+ when it was called Android Pay. I wonder if US bank failed to update its systems for the shift from Android Pay to Google Pay, or if Google Pay is classifying purchases differently to US Bank than Android Pay did. I can't speak to if in-store Google Pay purchases are crediting or not because I stick to Samsung Pay in-store. Anyone else experience the same thing?
Same thing happened to me. It was easy for me to tell as all my transactions are done with a mobile wallet (no travel charges this month). I also noticed that the transactions I made with Samsung Pay (Gear S3 watch) were credited properly, but the rest which were made with Google Pay did not. The representative submitted the ticket for further investigation and gave me an immediate credit for the points as he could see that the transactions are indeed coming in as mobile wallet but just not crediting the right amount of points. He did not mention anything about this being a known issue, and I was the one that mentioned that others are having the Google Pay issue so that they had another data point. All is well that ends well, but I hope they fix the issue soon as I'm not a fan of having to call in.
Old Apr 19, 2018, 5:19 pm

Programs: DL PM
Has anyone else run into an issue with Samsung Pay Rewards not showing in the app on this card? I just noticed today but I've made 4 transactions (5+ minutes apart) and my count to maintain SPR platinum has stayed at 10. The SPR redemption levels dropped off but I still want to earn the points. I've gotten used to the transactions not showing from this card on the app which sounds common to USB for now but I like the double dip and am looking to see if anyone else has seen this. I've got a debit transaction to run later and I'll test and update.
Old Apr 19, 2018, 5:26 pm

Programs: UR, TYP, MR, C1, AA, UA, WN, BA, AS, AV, AC, Choice, Hyatt, IHG, Hilton, Wyndham, Marriott
Originally Posted by BHArt
Has anyone else run into an issue with Samsung Pay Rewards not showing in the app on this card? I just noticed today but I've made 4 transactions (5+ minutes apart) and my count to maintain SPR platinum has stayed at 10. The SPR redemption levels dropped off but I still want to earn the points. I've gotten used to the transactions not showing from this card on the app which sounds common to USB for now but I like the double dip and am looking to see if anyone else has seen this. I've got a debit transaction to run later and I'll test and update.
I've seen that too, but it was rare. One some occasions transaction was not showing up at all in SP. And on 3 occasions in one store transaction didn't reach the bank at all. You can top up your SP reward via some vending machines. Initiate preauth, then wait for transaction to timeout. Your count will increase by 1. But Sp rewards point were severely devaluated recently, and you only earn 8c per transaction now, up to $4 per month. It was 20c/$10 per month before.
Old Apr 19, 2018, 5:37 pm

I couldn't recall the level of devaluation but I realized it was dramatic, that sounds about right, sadly. I've never had a problem clearing the SP Plat threshold but with Chase Q1 behind us, I just moved this card to the top of my rotation. Maybe a delete and re-add will solve it but I suspect not.
Old Apr 19, 2018, 11:14 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum
DP: Asia Miles taxe & fees (charged from "Cathay Pacific" in HKD) did not trigger Real Time Rewards. Probably due to foreign currency.
Old Apr 20, 2018, 3:54 am

Programs: Marriott Platinum Premier, UA 1K

Yes. I get credit for 3x mobile wallet purchase, but no credit with Samsung Pay Rewards. This hit me hard right before Samsung devalued their rewards as I was closing in on 10K points for the $50 GC. But then didn't get any credits for most of a month and lost platinum status for the next month...so today, I'm still chasing the $50 rewards card.. now that Samsung has increased the redemption from 10K to 12.5K and reduced earnings from 40 to 20 for platinum.

I called Samsung, they said the transactions were not crediting because the bank wasn't closing the loop and reporting the transaction back to Samsung Pay. I called the bank and they acknowledged a possible issue, but sill not resolved. It's been a few months now.
Old Apr 20, 2018, 9:22 am

Well, good to know and bad to hear. I ended up calling SP Help last night and put in a ticket to receive the credits, had to provide date, merchant and amount for the 11 transactions I was missing just for this month. I've deleted my card and re-added and will test out soon. My test debit card counted so this seems isolated to this card or maybe USBK cards, haven't added my Flex Perks so who knows on that one.

**UPDATE** Deleted and re-added, next transaction came through and clicked over for a purchase in SPR.

Last edited by BHArt; Apr 20, 2018 at 11:28 am
Old Apr 21, 2018, 7:08 am

Programs: Marriott Platinum Premier, UA 1K
**UPDATE** Deleted and re-added, next transaction came through and clicked over for a purchase in SPR.
Thanks. I'll give that a try. I had done that prior without success, but if they since fixed the issue, maybe I need to do this again.
Old Apr 21, 2018, 6:43 pm

Can someone confirm that the $325 in travel credits don't count against $4500 spend requirement? (ex, do I need to spend $4825 instead of $4500 if I get those credits?)

Also, does anybody know if Altitude points can be used to cover Uber or Uber Eats purchases?
Old Apr 23, 2018, 6:06 pm

Originally Posted by DaveInLA
Also, does anybody know if Altitude points can be used to cover Uber or Uber Eats purchases?
I haven't tried personally, but I read on another site that Real-Time Mobile Rewards does work with Uber and Uber Eats purchases to redeem your points at 1.5x.
Old Apr 26, 2018, 11:18 am

My landlord will let me pay him with Apple Pay Cash. If I use the Altitude Reserve card to pay him $1200 per month through Apple Pay Cash, will US Bank shut me down? I expect to mix in a lot of regular spend as well too, as many Apple Pay transactions as possible, but I'm cautious that US Bank will flag my $1200 rent payment.

What does the forum think? Thanks!
Old Apr 26, 2018, 4:26 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium Elite, United Gold
Originally Posted by PLin
I haven't tried personally, but I read on another site that Real-Time Mobile Rewards does work with Uber and Uber Eats purchases to redeem your points at 1.5x.
Worked for lyft for me today at 1.5x. It's awesome to be able to redeem for uber/lyft and keep my reward balance low in case of an arbitrary shutdown for buying a few gift cards when on sale without worrying.
Old Apr 30, 2018, 7:14 pm

Programs: CO-plat, SPG-plat
Originally Posted by DaveInLA
Can someone confirm that the $325 in travel credits don't count against $4500 spend requirement? (ex, do I need to spend $4825 instead of $4500 if I get those credits?)
I like how US Bank's statements break down total spend on current statement with another row showing total spend for calendar year. The travel credit does not change your net purchase column. I received my new account bonus based on spend that did not deduct the $325 travel credits.

I took the time to call customer service, and the agent also double check with her supervisor. A return processed by the merchant would be deducted from your total spend, but US Bank treats the travel credits as a bonus.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.