Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Credit Card Programs
Reload this Page >

US Bank Altitude Reserve Card (2017 - 2023)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 1, 2017, 2:17 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: yugi
US Bank Altitude Reserve card
  • 50,000 bonus points after $4,500 spend within first 90 days
  • Up to $325 annually (cardmember year NOT calendar year) in statement credits for eligible travel and dining/takeout purchases
  • $400 annual fee
  • Free authorized users
  • 3x on travel and mobile wallet purchases
  • 5x on hotel and car rental purchases made via US Bank portal
Travel category is defined as follows: purchases made directly with airlines, hotels, car rentals, taxicabs, limousines, passenger trains and cruise line companies
Mobile wallet category is defined as follows: the method of paying for a transaction by use of a mobile device (in-store, in-app or online) and includes ApplePay®, Samsung Pay, Android Google Pay™, Microsoft Wallet, LG Pay®

Card provides primary CDW coverage in the US for cars up to $75k in value up to 15 days. In other countries coverage is up to 31 days. Excluded countries: Israel, Jamaica, Ireland and Northern Ireland.
Card provides 8 Priority Pass lounge visits per PP membership year.

Direct link to application:
http://mycard.usbank.com/credit/team...e_reserve.html

Point Redemptions
  • Redeem at 1.5c per point value for travel purchases made directly at the US Bank travel site
  • Redeem at 1.5c per point for travel purchases made at other sites when using the Realtime Rewards feature. Must enroll first.
  • Otherwise redeem at 1c per point.
  • With Realtime Rewards it's possible to redeem for fees such as Delta award charges for example.
  • To redeem for lodging the minimum purchase must be $500 $150 and you must have enough points to cover the whole purchase. For car rentals, the minimum is $250 $150. $10 minimum for the rest of the categories.
  • Some non-US travel charges work with Realtime Rewards even though they shouldn't.

Reconsideration Line: 1-800-947-1444

Print Wikipost

US Bank Altitude Reserve Card (2017 - 2023)

Search this Thread

Old Mar 26, 2018, 8:35 pm

Programs: Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond, Radisson Rewards Gold, Best Western Diamond Select
How many hours is the trip delay coverage for? I don't have the benefit guide anymore. I know chase reserve is 6 hours minimum and citi prestige is 3.
Old Mar 27, 2018, 5:46 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Trip Delay Reimbursement
When you purchase air travel with your covered U.S. Bank Altitude Reserve card and your flight is delayed by more than six hours or requires an overnight stay, Trip Delay kicks in.

This benefit can reimburse you for reasonable expenses incurred as a result of a delay ($500 maximum per ticket).This coverage applies even if the delay is due to weather or mechanical issues. And, this benefit is in addition to any airline vouchers you receive for food or hotels. In order for coverage to apply, you must use your covered U.S. Bank Altitude Reserve card to secure transactions. Certain terms, conditions, and exclusions apply.9

Call 1-800-546-9806 to learn more or make a claim.
https://benefits.usbank.com/personal...-infinite.html
Old Mar 29, 2018, 1:28 am

I got my Altitude card a couple days ago. How do I add this card to my USB online account that I have for Club Carlson Business card?
Or do I have to create a new online account?
Old Mar 29, 2018, 9:25 am

Last month, I applied and approved for ONLY $5K CL. That is the lowest I have ever received. As a DP, I was just approved for the Amex Plat MB.

That low CL caused another problem- I paid my bill before the due date, and they ACH'd the money from my checking account but my available balance did not reflect the payment.

I called, and was told that they put a 7-10 business day hold on the payment. I called; I was pissed! The CSR said there was nothing they could do, so I asked to speak to a Supervisor. On hold for 10 minutes, and then the original CSR came back and said he was able to get the payment applied and my available credit reflects the payment.

Not happy with their service. I'm going to get my value from the card, but doubt I'll be a long-term USB customer.
Old Mar 29, 2018, 1:39 pm
mia

Originally Posted by maxmnx
That low CL...
You should be able to exceed the stated limit on any VISA Signature or Infinite product. The credit limit specifies the maximum balance that you can carry and pay interest on, not the maximum amount you can spend. If this is a new account the flexible spending limit may be close to the credit limit, but over time it should grow based on utilization.
Old Mar 29, 2018, 2:22 pm

I thought uber counted for reimbursed travel purchases? Took an uber few days ago, the charge has posted - but no reimbursement yet. Do I have to call it, or wait till statement close or what?
Old Mar 29, 2018, 2:53 pm

Originally Posted by mia
You should be able to exceed the stated limit on any VISA Signature or Infinite product. The credit limit specifies the maximum balance that you can carry and pay interest on, not the maximum amount you can spend. If this is a new account the flexible spending limit may be close to the credit limit, but over time it should grow based on utilization.
Mia- I hope that's true!

I had about $450 in Available Credit, and I asked the CSR if I charged $600 would it be denied, and he said yes.

That's consistent with what you said where the spending limit at the beginning is close to or equal to the CL.
Old Mar 31, 2018, 8:11 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium Elite, United Gold
I audit my reward points earned when I receive my US Bank statement by mail. I noticed today the mobile payments category reward points didn't add up for the first time. After doing the math, I didn't get any mobile payment points for all my Google Pay purchases made via the Panera App. I've received this for the past 6 months+ when it was called Android Pay. I wonder if US bank failed to update its systems for the shift from Android Pay to Google Pay, or if Google Pay is classifying purchases differently to US Bank than Android Pay did. I can't speak to if in-store Google Pay purchases are crediting or not because I stick to Samsung Pay in-store. Anyone else experience the same thing?
Old Mar 31, 2018, 10:46 pm

Programs: UR, TYP, MR, C1, AA, UA, WN, BA, AS, AV, AC, Choice, Hyatt, IHG, Hilton, Wyndham, Marriott
Originally Posted by RobotsRock
I audit my reward points earned when I receive my US Bank statement by mail. I noticed today the mobile payments category reward points didn't add up for the first time. After doing the math, I didn't get any mobile payment points for all my Google Pay purchases made via the Panera App. I've received this for the past 6 months+ when it was called Android Pay. I wonder if US bank failed to update its systems for the shift from Android Pay to Google Pay, or if Google Pay is classifying purchases differently to US Bank than Android Pay did. I can't speak to if in-store Google Pay purchases are crediting or not because I stick to Samsung Pay in-store. Anyone else experience the same thing?
Yes, Frequent Miler reported the same thing.
Old Apr 1, 2018, 10:30 am

Originally Posted by DaveInLA
I got my Altitude card a couple days ago. How do I add this card to my USB online account that I have for Club Carlson Business card?
Or do I have to create a new online account?
Not sure about combining a business and personal card but my personal altitude and Carlson cards are on the same online login.
Old Apr 9, 2018, 1:13 am

What kind of price protection (against price drop) does this card have? My other premium cards except AMEX all have some sort of protection.
Old Apr 10, 2018, 5:57 am
inY

Originally Posted by RobotsRock
Yes. Just got my statement and none of the Google Pay activity got the mobile bonus.
Old Apr 10, 2018, 7:26 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium Elite, United Gold
Originally Posted by inY
Yes. Just got my statement and none of the Google Pay activity got the mobile bonus.
I ended up contacting them and was told they're working on fixing it and ensured me that all of those missed points would be credited eventually. At least it's not completely dead.
Old Apr 11, 2018, 11:49 am

Programs: UR, TYP, MR, C1, AA, UA, WN, BA, AS, AV, AC, Choice, Hyatt, IHG, Hilton, Wyndham, Marriott
What is Andrew Harper Travel? Is it any good? It's one of the benefits of this card.
Old Apr 11, 2018, 2:23 pm
mia

You can see what it is here:

https://www.andrewharper.com/join/

There are a dozen threads mentioning Andrew Harper in the Title, but only this one has more than a few posts:

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/luxu...ay-report.html

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.