Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Credit Card Programs
Reload this Page >

US Bank Altitude Reserve Card (2017 - 2023)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 1, 2017, 2:17 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: yugi
US Bank Altitude Reserve card
  • 50,000 bonus points after $4,500 spend within first 90 days
  • Up to $325 annually (cardmember year NOT calendar year) in statement credits for eligible travel and dining/takeout purchases
  • $400 annual fee
  • Free authorized users
  • 3x on travel and mobile wallet purchases
  • 5x on hotel and car rental purchases made via US Bank portal
Travel category is defined as follows: purchases made directly with airlines, hotels, car rentals, taxicabs, limousines, passenger trains and cruise line companies
Mobile wallet category is defined as follows: the method of paying for a transaction by use of a mobile device (in-store, in-app or online) and includes ApplePay®, Samsung Pay, Android Google Pay™, Microsoft Wallet, LG Pay®

Card provides primary CDW coverage in the US for cars up to $75k in value up to 15 days. In other countries coverage is up to 31 days. Excluded countries: Israel, Jamaica, Ireland and Northern Ireland.
Card provides 8 Priority Pass lounge visits per PP membership year.

Direct link to application:
http://mycard.usbank.com/credit/team...e_reserve.html

Point Redemptions
  • Redeem at 1.5c per point value for travel purchases made directly at the US Bank travel site
  • Redeem at 1.5c per point for travel purchases made at other sites when using the Realtime Rewards feature. Must enroll first.
  • Otherwise redeem at 1c per point.
  • With Realtime Rewards it's possible to redeem for fees such as Delta award charges for example.
  • To redeem for lodging the minimum purchase must be $500 $150 and you must have enough points to cover the whole purchase. For car rentals, the minimum is $250 $150. $10 minimum for the rest of the categories.
  • Some non-US travel charges work with Realtime Rewards even though they shouldn't.

Reconsideration Line: 1-800-947-1444

Print Wikipost

US Bank Altitude Reserve Card (2017 - 2023)

Search this Thread

Old Oct 12, 2022, 4:49 pm

Originally Posted by toni8284
I just got my first statement on this card. Is there a way that I can validate for each transaction for the 3x points? Like Chase or Amex can see each transaction if it's 1x/2x/3x/4x?
You would have to manually calculate. Unless someone figured out an easier way
Old Oct 13, 2022, 2:24 pm

Programs: UR, TYP, MR, C1, AA, UA, WN, BA, AS, AV, AC, Choice, Hyatt, IHG, Hilton, Wyndham, Marriott
Originally Posted by trikotret
You would have to manually calculate. Unless someone figured out an easier way
Yes, use mobile wallet all the time.
Old Oct 13, 2022, 4:24 pm

Programs: UR, TYP, MR, C1, AA, UA, WN, BA, AS, AV, AC, Choice, Hyatt, IHG, Hilton, Wyndham, Marriott
US Bank no longer requires existing relationship to apply for this card?
https://www.usbank.com/credit-cards/...edit-card.html
Old Oct 14, 2022, 11:35 am

Programs: AS MVPG, HA Plat
Correct, successfully applied recently with no prior US Bank relationship. Credit line is a little low, but otherwise very pleased so far.
Old Oct 14, 2022, 9:55 pm

Priority Pass

Card provides 4 Priority Pass lounge visits for primary cardholder and 1 guest per PP membership year.

In the app it shows my entitlement as 4, and guest entitlement as 4.

To my understanding, I can have 4 guests single entry and I have 4 single entry.

So for example, I bring my wife and 2 kids for outbound. I will use 1 under myself and 3 under guest. So I should have 3/4 left under my entitlement and 1/4 under guest entitlement.

For the return flight. Which I can only bring myself and 1 guest in. Am I correct?
Old Oct 14, 2022, 10:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold
Card provides 4 Priority Pass lounge visits for primary cardholder and 1 guest per PP membership year.

In the app it shows my entitlement as 4, and guest entitlement as 4.

To my understanding, I can have 4 guests single entry and I have 4 single entry.

So for example, I bring my wife and 2 kids for outbound. I will use 1 under myself and 3 under guest. So I should have 3/4 left under my entitlement and 1/4 under guest entitlement.

For the return flight. Which I can only bring myself and 1 guest in. Am I correct?
​​​​​Yes.
Old Oct 15, 2022, 10:06 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
....Which I can only bring myself and 1 guest in. Am I correct?
You can bring as many guests as the lounge will permit. The card issuer limits have to do with payment, not with entry. If you exceed the number of free entries provided by the card you will be billed for the overage. The lounge will not collect payment. The lounge attendant knows nothing about your Priority Pass membership, they just record and report the number of people who enter the lounge.
Old Oct 20, 2022, 1:48 pm

Does anyone know if I can use the card at the restaurants that take Priority pass?
Old Oct 20, 2022, 1:49 pm

Originally Posted by edh101985
Does anyone know if I can use the card at the restaurants that take Priority pass?
Yes you can. Used it before. Should also tell you on PP app
Old Oct 21, 2022, 11:09 pm

Programs: Nothing anymore after 20 years
Because of the 'exceptional way of handling your account', US Bank raised my Altitude credit line from $20500 to $25000. I did not ask for it...
Old Oct 27, 2022, 9:32 am

buying gift cards?

So I'm aware of all of the data points that buying gift cards with AR can result in cancellation of your account...but most if not all of those data points are from 3 years ago. Are there any RECENT data points that this is still the case?

I'm aware that some people are using AR on RAISE app (using apple pay) to buy gift cards. To my knowledge, RAISE codes as "general merchandise". I wonder if they share L3 data, and whether anyone has gotten shutdown for using AR with RAISE app. What about any recent data points of anyone getting shut down for purchasing gift cards at a retail store? Anyone know if it makes a difference if it's a VISA/MC type gift card, or a retail gift card (like Amazon, for instance).

Thanks in advance for any data points.
Old Oct 27, 2022, 4:12 pm
Moderator: Manufactured Spending

Originally Posted by samwathegreat
So I'm aware of all of the data points that buying gift cards with AR can result in cancellation of your account...but most if not all of those data points are from 3 years ago. Are there any RECENT data points that this is still the case?

I'm aware that some people are using AR on RAISE app (using apple pay) to buy gift cards. To my knowledge, RAISE codes as "general merchandise". I wonder if they share L3 data, and whether anyone has gotten shutdown for using AR with RAISE app. What about any recent data points of anyone getting shut down for purchasing gift cards at a retail store? Anyone know if it makes a difference if it's a VISA/MC type gift card, or a retail gift card (like Amazon, for instance).

I have occasionally bought small amounts ($25-50) of retailer gift cards at Smart & Final without any problems. I haven't felt comfortable trying larger amounts, or any Visa/MC gift cards.
samwathegreat likes this.
Old Oct 28, 2022, 9:50 am

i've put the staples no fee GC on the AR about once every couple of months, only ever under 1k. no issues yet.
Old Oct 28, 2022, 9:55 am

Very helpful. How long have you been a card member, and how long have you been doing it?

I wonder if the majority of the shutdowns were due to people buying GCs just to get the SUB, and also because the accounts were recently opened.

Its looking like this may not be so much of an issue for those of us with 'seasoned' accounts... I've not heard of any shutdowns in the past year or two.
Old Oct 28, 2022, 9:58 am

Very helpful. How long have you been a card member, and how long have you been doing it?

I wonder if the majority of the shutdowns were due to people buying GCs just to get the SUB, and also because the accounts were recently opened.

Its looking like this may not be so much of an issue for those of us with 'seasoned' accounts... I've not heard of any shutdowns in the past year or two.
oh yeah, not the MSR that was organic. account is more than a year and same velocity on the staples GC. definitely not frequent or large enough to warrant attention from the bank.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.