Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Credit Card Programs
Reload this Page >

Barclays AAdvantage Aviator PERSONAL Card (2016 - 2023)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 28, 2016, 7:23 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: philemer
Personal Card
Click here to get the same offer (see below) with the annual fee waived the first year. First try entering code 999999 in the box at the top of the page. Apparently this offer is from an AA employee selling the card inflight, but it seems to be open to everyone. But publishing that employee's code online could get the employee in trouble. If 999999 doesn't work, use employee code 356467. Note: You will NOT get a $99 Companion Certificate as part of your bonus when the annual fee is waived.
Language from the web offer page: Anniversary Companion Certificate: Each anniversary year; earn a Companion Certificate good for 1 guest at $99 (plus taxes and fees) after spending $20,000 on purchases and your account remains open for 45 days after your anniversary date. There is NO LANGUAGE in this offer regarding a "complimentary" companion certificate.

AAdvantage Aviator Red World Elite Mastercard
1. 70K offer https://cards.barclaycardus.com/cred...0-8f2f74651285 DEAD

2. 60,000 bonus miles and $99 Companion Certificate after first purchase and paying the $99 annual fee
Offer landing page: https://cards.barclaycardus.com/card...astercard.html

The offer fine print:
The primary cardmember will earn sixty thousand (60,000) AAdvantage® bonus miles after a purchase is made on the card account within ninety (90) days of card account opening and the annual fee has been paid. Please allow 4-6 weeks for the AAdvantage®bonus miles to be deposited into your AAdvantage® account. Balance transfers and cash advances do not qualify as purchases. This offer may be canceled at any time without notice.

In addition to the sixty thousand (60,000) AAdvantage® bonus miles, the primary cardmember will earn one (1) domestic economy fare American Airlines introductory Companion Certificate redeemable for one (1) companion ticket at $99 (plus taxes and fees) after a purchase is made on the card account within ninety (90) days of card account opening and the annual fee has been paid. Please allow 8-10 weeks for delivery of the Companion Certificate after the qualifying purchase has posted to your card account and the annual fee has been paid. Balance transfers and cash advances do not qualify as purchases. This offer may be canceled at any time without notice.

This one-time offer is valid for eligible cardmembers. You may not be eligible for this offer if you currently have or previously had an account with us in this program.
There are data points indicating that this is not always enforced: See posts 439, 496, 514, 516, 517, 538, 835

As of Sept. 2017, most people applying for an Aviator card are being denied, "instantly" by a computer, if they already have an Aviator card open. As of Dec. 2017, most people applying for an Aviator card are being denied, even by recon, if they already have an Aviator card open. It had been that current and previous Aviator Red (US Airways Converted) cardmembers were not subject to the 24-month restriction. This seems to have changed as far as current card holders applying for a second, concurrent card. (See posts #185, 193, 194, 195, 198, 199, 211, 220, 247, 290, 527, 529, 532)

__________________________________________________ ___________________________

Business Card, see this thread:
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/cred...-card-50k.html

__________________________________________________ ___________________________

RECON. PHONE NUMBERS
Reported phone numbers to call for reconsideration include 866-371-4787, (post 303), 866-205-5973 (post 659), 866-408-4064 (multiple posts), 866-408-4065 (from post #2 in recon thread), 866-369-1283 (from post #7 in recon thread). Other posters have called the general customer service number and asked to be transferred to a credit analyst.

It appears that if your SUB includes the $95 AF (annual fee), Barclays doesn't post the AF until the 2nd statement. Thus, it will be a min. of 2 statements before you see your SUB points. This is only if the SUB requires the AF (as opposed to some SUBs that just have the $x,xxx in purchases with no AF).

There have been at least two cases in July 2023 where Barclays posted the AF prior to the first statement. In both of those cases, the cardholder paid the AF and other balance prior to the closing date. The SUB was issued as of the first statement for one these accounts. It may be the second one was too close to the closing date.

Posting of points from Barclays SUB to AA seem to take 3-7 days after the SUB posts on the Barclays Statement.

Print Wikipost

Barclays AAdvantage Aviator PERSONAL Card (2016 - 2023)

Search this Thread

Old Jan 13, 2017, 10:47 am

1st statement generated this morning, with the 40k bonus showing as sent to the AA account.

Originally Posted by givingitatry
I just received my world elite aviator but nowhere in the accompanying documents does it mention the 40000 bonus. Have people receiving the card and getting the bonus have the language in the envelop with the card?

I currently have a converted USAir card world master card but still got approved for this one.
no bonus was mentioned in the paper media. We did get welcome emails which listed the 40k bonus.
Old Jan 13, 2017, 11:46 am

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, IC Plat Amb, HH Diamond, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by dascc
1st statement generated this morning, with the 40k bonus showing as sent to the AA account.

no bonus was mentioned in the paper media. We did get welcome emails which listed the 40k bonus.
Same here. Bonus posted 1 day after receiving email.
Old Jan 13, 2017, 8:39 pm

Programs: MR, DL, MM, HH
dascc and lotrbfme , any of you had the US Airways Visa which was converted to Aviator Red in the past and cancelled it before you applied for this offer?
Old Jan 13, 2017, 10:14 pm

Got approved for this card today. $12K limit. It's my first card with Barclay.
Old Jan 14, 2017, 7:05 am

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, IC Plat Amb, HH Diamond, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by bgalakazam
dascc and lotrbfme , any of you had the US Airways Visa which was converted to Aviator Red in the past and cancelled it before you applied for this offer?

Yes I had the us airways visa and then it was converted to Aviator red. It was cancelled 1 year ago IIRC.
Old Jan 15, 2017, 6:41 am

Originally Posted by NTP9766
My statement was generated on 1/1, and I paid the full balance (including the AF) that day - still no miles from it in my AA account.
Even though my statement was generated and paid on 1/1, the reward miles and bonus hit my account yesterday. Not sure why, but I'm not going to question it.
Old Jan 15, 2017, 8:49 am

Originally Posted by NTP9766
Even though my statement was generated and paid on 1/1, the reward miles and bonus hit my account yesterday. Not sure why, but I'm not going to question it.
That's longer than normal, mine took 2 days after the statement closed, i am glad that you got the miles.
Old Jan 15, 2017, 1:52 pm

My statement generated on my account opened 12/31, but the annual fee hasn't been charged yet. I prepaid the AF (ie sent the funds via billpay) in the hope that the fee and thus the miles would post ASAP. Hoping I'm not going to have to wait until the *next* statement generates just to pay the AF!
Old Jan 16, 2017, 11:20 am

How is Barclays with multiple cards? I already have the wyndham AF card and the A+. I use both consistently. $14k limit with both cards, no balance.

Good chance at getting approved if all other credit factors are strong?
Old Jan 16, 2017, 12:10 pm

i had another card (LH) open before i applied for the new aviator, i lowered my CL to 2k prior to applying, then i got approved instantly. i didn't have 2 cards open before with Barclay so i am not sure what effect would that have on your application, but if you can release some credit line i would assume that would help.
Old Jan 16, 2017, 8:18 pm

Programs: Milege+, SkyMiles, AAdvantage, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by maxp0wers
How is Barclays with multiple cards? I already have the wyndham AF card and the A+. I use both consistently. $14k limit with both cards, no balance.

Good chance at getting approved if all other credit factors are strong?
I had been told I was at my credit exposure limit with my two Barclays cards two years ago when I opened my Arrival Card. I applied for Aviator and received a 5K CL. So, something happened where Barclays increased my credit exposure limit with them. My credit factors are all good. They pull TU. My TU credit score was 809 at time of the Aviator application.
Old Jan 17, 2017, 11:48 am

Originally Posted by bgalakazam
no, never had the US Airways card.
Old Jan 17, 2017, 3:38 pm

Originally Posted by dascc
no, never had the US Airways card.
Yes I did have one that was later converted to Aviator Red, I cancelled mine before applying for this new aviator card.
Old Jan 18, 2017, 10:00 am

Programs: Spg Gold, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Diamond
After closing LH M & M yesterday and moving 14K to Rewards card, applied today for Aviator and was auto approved with 15K + CL while still having converted US air / AA card open.

Applied for LH and had to call in and split the 15K new CL and was approved
for it also

According to recon , they did 2 separate pulls .

This was after doing Citi AA using invite a little earlier. Waiting for Welcome letter for Citi AA

Life is Good
Old Jan 18, 2017, 1:04 pm

My statement closed today, but I've already paid the AF and first purchase. Also received an email about the mileage bonus.

"Thank you for using your new AAdvantage® Aviator™ Red MasterCard®. Your 40,000 American Airlines AAdvantage® bonus miles will appear on your next credit card billing statement. Shortly after that, your bonus miles will be posted to your AAdvantage®account and be available for redemption. Continue to use your card for all your purchases to earn travel rewards faster."

I'm not in need of the miles right now, so I'll just keep an eye out and see how long they really take to show up.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.