Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Credit Card Programs
Reload this Page >

Barclays AAdvantage Aviator PERSONAL Card (2016 - 2023)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 28, 2016, 7:23 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: philemer
Personal Card
Click here to get the same offer (see below) with the annual fee waived the first year. First try entering code 999999 in the box at the top of the page. Apparently this offer is from an AA employee selling the card inflight, but it seems to be open to everyone. But publishing that employee's code online could get the employee in trouble. If 999999 doesn't work, use employee code 356467. Note: You will NOT get a $99 Companion Certificate as part of your bonus when the annual fee is waived.
Language from the web offer page: Anniversary Companion Certificate: Each anniversary year; earn a Companion Certificate good for 1 guest at $99 (plus taxes and fees) after spending $20,000 on purchases and your account remains open for 45 days after your anniversary date. There is NO LANGUAGE in this offer regarding a "complimentary" companion certificate.

AAdvantage Aviator Red World Elite Mastercard
1. 70K offer https://cards.barclaycardus.com/cred...0-8f2f74651285 DEAD

2. 60,000 bonus miles and $99 Companion Certificate after first purchase and paying the $99 annual fee
Offer landing page: https://cards.barclaycardus.com/card...astercard.html

The offer fine print:
The primary cardmember will earn sixty thousand (60,000) AAdvantage® bonus miles after a purchase is made on the card account within ninety (90) days of card account opening and the annual fee has been paid. Please allow 4-6 weeks for the AAdvantage®bonus miles to be deposited into your AAdvantage® account. Balance transfers and cash advances do not qualify as purchases. This offer may be canceled at any time without notice.

In addition to the sixty thousand (60,000) AAdvantage® bonus miles, the primary cardmember will earn one (1) domestic economy fare American Airlines introductory Companion Certificate redeemable for one (1) companion ticket at $99 (plus taxes and fees) after a purchase is made on the card account within ninety (90) days of card account opening and the annual fee has been paid. Please allow 8-10 weeks for delivery of the Companion Certificate after the qualifying purchase has posted to your card account and the annual fee has been paid. Balance transfers and cash advances do not qualify as purchases. This offer may be canceled at any time without notice.

This one-time offer is valid for eligible cardmembers. You may not be eligible for this offer if you currently have or previously had an account with us in this program.
There are data points indicating that this is not always enforced: See posts 439, 496, 514, 516, 517, 538, 835

As of Sept. 2017, most people applying for an Aviator card are being denied, "instantly" by a computer, if they already have an Aviator card open. As of Dec. 2017, most people applying for an Aviator card are being denied, even by recon, if they already have an Aviator card open. It had been that current and previous Aviator Red (US Airways Converted) cardmembers were not subject to the 24-month restriction. This seems to have changed as far as current card holders applying for a second, concurrent card. (See posts #185, 193, 194, 195, 198, 199, 211, 220, 247, 290, 527, 529, 532)

__________________________________________________ ___________________________

Business Card, see this thread:
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/cred...-card-50k.html

__________________________________________________ ___________________________

RECON. PHONE NUMBERS
Reported phone numbers to call for reconsideration include 866-371-4787, (post 303), 866-205-5973 (post 659), 866-408-4064 (multiple posts), 866-408-4065 (from post #2 in recon thread), 866-369-1283 (from post #7 in recon thread). Other posters have called the general customer service number and asked to be transferred to a credit analyst.

It appears that if your SUB includes the $95 AF (annual fee), Barclays doesn't post the AF until the 2nd statement. Thus, it will be a min. of 2 statements before you see your SUB points. This is only if the SUB requires the AF (as opposed to some SUBs that just have the $x,xxx in purchases with no AF).

There have been at least two cases in July 2023 where Barclays posted the AF prior to the first statement. In both of those cases, the cardholder paid the AF and other balance prior to the closing date. The SUB was issued as of the first statement for one these accounts. It may be the second one was too close to the closing date.

Posting of points from Barclays SUB to AA seem to take 3-7 days after the SUB posts on the Barclays Statement.

Print Wikipost

Barclays AAdvantage Aviator PERSONAL Card (2016 - 2023)

Search this Thread

Old Jun 2, 2017, 11:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Too many to list
Originally Posted by maverick17
Usually will match if application was within last 30 days before the move higher.
Chase will usually match w/in 90 days. Is Barclay that strict (30 days)? I'll call Monday.
Old Jun 3, 2017, 6:12 am

Originally Posted by philemer
I got the 40K miles bonus on the Aviator Red W/E MC in April. Now that it's up to 50K will Barclay match and give me the extra 10K miles?
Back in the day when the US airways card got increased from 40k to 50k they did add the extra 10k after calling to match offers, i would check the old US airways thread for the exact number of days after application in which they would honor the 10k bonus. i believe it was around 30 days, the 50k offer was released on December 4th 2014, and they would honor the 10k bonus for any app that was after Nov. 1st. they should have a cut off date that they go by, it could be may 1st or something like that, i would call and check.

Last edited by ninim2200; Jun 3, 2017 at 6:23 am
Old Jun 3, 2017, 6:29 am

Originally Posted by philemer
Chase will usually match w/in 90 days. Is Barclay that strict (30 days)? I'll call Monday.
I can't say for sure of course. I didn't have to call in myself, was waiting on this awhile and so was lucky in that sense. Reddit has quite a few data points though, generally seemed 30 is true. Nobody from April 30 or prior reported success in being matched.
Old Jun 3, 2017, 9:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Richard Berg
Are there DPs confirming whether the Aviator's 24mo language is actually enforced?

After all, the Arrival+ T&C claim that "This onetime 50,000 miles bonus offer is valid for first-time Cardmembers with new accounts only" but we know that isn't true in practice.
That's not 24-month language!

It's more like Amex's "once in a lifetime" language, except as noted above it has not been enforced to date.
Old Jun 3, 2017, 9:33 am

Programs: AS MVP , Delta Gold Medallion, "Credit Card" status for various hotels
Applied and approved!

I had a us airways converted Aviator card that I cancelled in march. They refused to waive the annual fee or even downgrade me (??) so I cancelled. So, it's been about 2.5 months between cancellation and approval.
Old Jun 4, 2017, 6:20 pm

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold
Originally Posted by Bretmd
Applied and approved!

I had a us airways converted Aviator card that I cancelled in march. They refused to waive the annual fee or even downgrade me (??) so I cancelled. So, it's been about 2.5 months between cancellation and approval.
Have you opened any new cards in that timeframe?
Old Jun 4, 2017, 6:46 pm

Programs: American, SWA, United, IHG,Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott
Applied and approved!

I'm in the same situation, I canceled my card in May... I want to apply... are you sure you will get the 50K bonus?
Old Jun 4, 2017, 6:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt Ist-iest, Stariott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by RedElmo
I'm in the same situation, I canceled my card in May... I want to apply... are you sure you will get the 50K bonus?
While nobody can say with 100% certainty, the general rule is that if Barclays approves you, you'll get the bonus. I'm not sure I've seen any data point to the contrary.

On another topic, has anybody who has got the new Aviator been offered a free upgrade to an Aviator Silver recently? I recall a few posts that after 90 days some were offered a free upgrade for the rest of year 1 but I haven't seen anything on my account.
Old Jun 4, 2017, 7:02 pm

Programs: American, SWA, United, IHG,Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott
Originally Posted by krazykanuck
While nobody can say with 100% certainty, the general rule is that if Barclays approves you, you'll get the bonus. I'm not sure I've seen any data point to the contrary.
Cool. That i did not know... I'm on the fence, I want to get it but scared to waste $95 and a 5/24 on it if I dont get the bonus.
Old Jun 4, 2017, 7:28 pm

Programs: AS MVP , Delta Gold Medallion, "Credit Card" status for various hotels
Originally Posted by mpeterson78
Have you opened any new cards in that timeframe?
Since then I opened one chase card at the end of march. The aviator that I canceled was my only remaining Barclays card at the time.
Old Jun 4, 2017, 7:33 pm

Cool. That i did not know... I'm on the fence, I want to get it but scared to waste $95 and a 5/24 on it if I dont get the bonus.
I was concerned about this when they started accepting aviator applications in December, but datapoints since then have been positive for receiving the bonus.

If if you are under 5/24, however, you may want to consider applying for a chase card first.
Old Jun 4, 2017, 8:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt Ist-iest, Stariott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
I was concerned about this when they started accepting aviator applications in December, but datapoints since then have been positive for receiving the bonus.

If if you are under 5/24, however, you may want to consider applying for a chase card first.
THIS! I would not apply for the Aviator card if it will take up a 5/24 spot. You can easily hit it later on. Barclays wasn't really known for promo offers on this card when it was a US Air one, so I'd bet the 40k/50k offer will be around for a while.
Old Jun 9, 2017, 6:35 am

Programs: Hyatt, Hilton, Marriott // WN, AA, BA, UA, AS // Avis
I had gotten the card with 40k bonus 3 weeks ago. (gotten the card; I made my first purchase 10 days ago, bonus hasnt even posted yet)

Today they told me they wont match me to 50k!

I did this via their message system.

Should I try to call?
Old Jun 9, 2017, 2:25 pm

Does Barclay send a welcome letter similar to Citi, where they verify you will receive the bonus?
Old Jun 9, 2017, 4:22 pm
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: oneword Emerald
Originally Posted by cheaptom
Does Barclay send a welcome letter similar to Citi, where they verify you will receive the bonus?
Approximately eleven days after I applied for the card and was approved, and five days after I received it, I got a welcome email containing the following language:
Welcome. Learn more about your new card.

<snip>

Earn 40,000 bonus miles after you make your first purchase within the first 90 days after account opening and pay your annual fee.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.