Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Bank of America Power Rewards World MC

Search this Thread

Old Aug 17, 2010, 7:05 am
Original Poster

Programs: HHonors Gold, Club Carlson Gold, Marriott Platinum, IHG Plat, Hyatt Plat
Question Bank of America "Power Rewards" ... any info??

Hi,

I currently have a Bank of America card (co-branded NFL) that is being switched to a "Power Rewards" card sometime in the next couple months, but I have no idea how beneficial (or not) the Power Rewards program is and can't seem to find details anywhere.

Can anybody give me some details on the rewards program? Some things that come to mind are:

How many points per dollar?
Bonus categories?
Can points be transferred to any partners (air, hotel, etc) or only used as $.01 towards gift cards, plane tickets, etc?

And I'd be interested in any other information that you may have for me!

Thanks a lot!
Old Aug 17, 2010, 7:56 am
hs1

You can find the answers here.

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=power%20rewards...20of%20america
Old Aug 17, 2010, 8:41 am
Original Poster

Programs: HHonors Gold, Club Carlson Gold, Marriott Platinum, IHG Plat, Hyatt Plat
Originally Posted by hs1
umm... actually no. I've done some research, including Googling and looking at the official page, but there aren't many details.

I was looking for a helpful answer, not a smart a** one that is no help to anybody.

Thanks for your worthless contribution to the forum...
Old Aug 17, 2010, 7:27 pm

Programs: SPG Plat, Emerald Exec., PC Plat, AA, CO, DL, UBS Charter Card, Palladium Card, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by SkinsFan0521
umm... actually no. I've done some research, including Googling and looking at the official page, but there aren't many details.

I was looking for a helpful answer, not a smart a** one that is no help to anybody.

Thanks for your worthless contribution to the forum...
Actually if you cared to find answers then his contribution wouldn't be worthless.

If you click the first link on that google link it brings you to a page with. "EARN POINTS" which tells you how many you'll get based on an example spend. I'll leave it to you to do the math and see how many points it gives you per dollar. There is also a big tab that says "REDEEM POINTS" and shows you what you can redeem them for.(I'd assume you can log in on those pages and get even more info as you're a customer.) So although you may think his post was worthless, your initial post comes off as you being lazy as most of your answers were one click away if you put some foot work in yourself.
Old Oct 21, 2010, 10:26 am

Programs: DL, UA, AA, BA, Marriott
PowerReward Visa Signature Card?

"Were upgrading your account to a Power Rewards Visa Signature Card"

I currently have a worldpoints visa.

Is this a good thing or a bad thing? Should I work hard to get to enough worldpoints to trade off for an award ticket somewhere? Or just wait and keep using as normal?

Thanks in advance.
Old Oct 25, 2010, 10:52 am

Programs: DL, UA, AA, BA, Marriott
Nobody? Is this in the wrong forum?
Old Jun 5, 2013, 12:11 pm

Programs: Marriot Rewards, Southwest Rapid rewards, Emerald Club, Avis Preferred
Power rewards

I converted a card today, and ran across this card while perusing my options:

https://www.bankofamerica.com/credit...credit-card.go

Has this card been discussed here yet? I think it would be a good card to have in the arsenal for a period of time. They are pretty easy to get a card approved with.
Old Jun 5, 2013, 1:19 pm

Hmmmm. Tap ' Pay. Must be RFID. Time to break out the tinfoil hat. You should find a little square bump at about 2:00 from the center. That's the chip.

I can't find a way to value their points. Usually you look at how many points it takes to buy a $100 gift card. BAC's site wants you to sign in before you can see the redemption rate. So you gotta' buy a pig in a poke.

I would pass it up. Perhaps someone else on FT can tell the points to dollars ratio?
Old Jun 5, 2013, 2:37 pm

Programs: Bunch of mid-tiers
Originally Posted by TheDapperDon
Has this card been discussed here yet?
Bummer of a thread merge.

Although the graphics on that old link are funny . . . but not helpful.

Last edited by ctbarron; Jun 5, 2013 at 2:38 pm Reason: Typo
Old Jun 5, 2013, 3:43 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
There was also a bit of discussion in this thread:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/credi...-fidelity.html

This post in another thread from 2006 stated: Bank Of America Power rewards 50K gets you 1000.00 credit to spend on anything anywhere. I dont know if there is a yearly limit.

Last edited by mia; Jun 5, 2013 at 3:55 pm
Old Jul 30, 2013, 4:57 pm

250k BOA Power Rewards

I currently have almost 250k Bank of America Power Rewards that I was planning on converting to Air Canada Aeroplan miles (1 for 1) but I just found out their partnership with Aeroplan has ended!

Just looking for suggestions if anyone has any ideas how I should best use them? I know I can transfer them to someone else's Power Rewards account and maybe get AE Membership Rewards in exchange that I can then transfer to Aeroplan? Any other ideas?

I apologize if I am posting in the wrong place, but is it possible to ask if anyone is interested in trading for these or should I post that in a different section?

Thanks!
Old Jul 31, 2013, 10:20 am
wcj

Welcome to FT!

I found this thread which links to another that may contain some info for you. http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/credi...-any-info.html

Basically, you need to follow the link and determine what you can get as I cannot see what the points are worth without signing in, which I cannot do as I don't have that account.

You may not trade them on FT, not in this forum or another as it violates the rules.
Old Nov 8, 2015, 12:08 pm

Bank of America Power Rewards World MC

Need some advice on this one. This is one of my sock drawer cards that I would prefer to convert into something useful if possible. The card has been converted over the years from a local bank, to an FIA World Points, to a BoA Power Rewards World MC. It's no annual fee, and it gives 1 point per dollar in power rewards. I just used to take them as cash, as they offer nothing special.

I would normally just cancel and open another card, but I'm wondering if I can get a different BoA card and keep my account open date and CL. Both are old and very high, which is definitely helping my credit score to stay high. So, I just charge some minor stuff periodically and leave it at home. I don't want to put much 1x spend on a cashback only card.

Any thoughts?
Old Nov 9, 2015, 12:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 0.9MM, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Hertz PC, SBux Gold, TSA Pre✓
Both BankAmericard Travel Rewards and Cash Rewards are good alternatives.

Both have no AF. For Travel Rewards, it is one of the few travel cards that has no FTF. For Cash Rewards, it is par in term of the bonus categories.

It should be good for your kind of purpose.
Old Nov 9, 2015, 9:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Too many to list
Don't close your current card. Old cards help your credit score!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.