Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Removing Comcast Hard Pull

Search this Thread

Old Jul 25, 2017, 12:44 am

This is going to sound crazy, but

The issue is only with Equifax right? Equifax has my SSN Not Comcast. I have never even spoken to someone from that company. Equifax keeps trying to sell us credit monitoring (and I bought it because there was an issue with them not reporting my mortgage correctly). Trans Jnion showed it correctly yet they told me to file a dispute and get credit monitoring. I buy the monthly and bam, some company I have never spoken to suddenly does an inquiry? I was just woken up at 2:30 from the alarm on my phone that something changed on Equifax. Now I need to deal with this in the morning. Such BS. Who's monitoring Equifax???

Originally Posted by aza72
I recently saw that Comcast made a hard pull to my credit report when I signed up for service. I declined to give my SSN at first, but then had to give it over chat to get the latest deal (they wouldn't let me pay a deposit). At no point was I told there would be a hard inquiry (and no reason that they should have done one).

I called them and after being bounced around a lot, they ended up saying I should contact Equifax. Filed a dispute, and they said that I had to contact Comcast, no phone number, just an address. Sent them a letter, didn't get a response, but just saw my updated Credit Karma report, and the inquiry was removed.

So if you have a hard inquiry from Comcast that you did not authorize, you can get rid of it by filing a dispute with Equifax, and then sending a letter to Comcast. Not sure worth the hassle for 5pts on the credit score, but thought I'd share.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.